• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I've been wanting to visit Bradis for some time (well, since I first joined the forum and heard about them).

The reputation is true. Very friendly. Very helpful. VERY full of WONDERFUL toys.

I went in looking for a Walther P99. Didn't get it, but I walked out with five new shooters, including a PPQ and an LC9.

A last minute thing blew me away-- in a corner of a counter display were a handful of P38s -- a gun that I've loved since I was a kid. Yeah, I had to. I have little or no self-control sometimes.

I really wish I had the name gene -- I spoke with (and was helped by) several nice folks there -- including the very cool Shooter521 and the nice lady who kept pointing out that I still had a few open slots on my 4473 form so I could get more guns if I wanted without having to fill out more paperwork.... Yeah. She is evil. But in a good way. :)

It was a great experience, and I can't wait to go back.

Thanks, Bradis-folk. You're all aces. :yesway:

Tony

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Great people. I have been buying from them from the time they first started selling guns (they didn't start out as a gun dealer). I just picked up another gun Monday from them, a Kel-Tec sub 2000. Lost count of how many guns I have bought from them. Always great people to do business with.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I got you the Walther and the Ruger. Simon6101 got you the Bersa and the NAA. And Evil Angie (not an INGO member AFAIK) did the rest.

Was great to meet you and glad you had a great fist visit!!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Used to sell cheap tools, nick nacks, chain saws, weed eaters etc. when they first opened.

Yep; Bradis used to be a Homelite dealer. Bob, the owner, was also an avid gun collector and shooter, so he got his FFL and started carrying a few (about one display case's worth) for sale. The gun sales gradually grew and grew until they finally took over entirely; we were closing out the last of the leftover chainsaw and weed eater parts when I first started working at the shop part-time, some 13 years ago.

You mean you didn't know that the name Bradis is actually the combination of two words?

shooter521 will have to tell the story. ;)

FREE REP to the first person (other than esrice or any of my employees) who comes up with the correct combination... :ingo:

HINT - I have posted it on INGO before.

Last edited:

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I got you the Walther and the Ruger. Simon6101 got you the Bersa and the NAA. And Evil Angie (not an INGO member AFAIK) did the rest.

Was great to meet you and glad you had a great fist visit!!

THanks!!!

I really appreciate it. And it was great dealing with people who clearly like and know what they're doing. :)

Tony

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    A Pleasure

Tony, It was indeed a pleasure meeting you and helping you find several new firearms to purchase. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. I hope you enjoy shooting your new firearms. Kenny

Angie Oakley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Thank you for visiting Bradis Guns

Tony,
    Thank you for visiting Bradis Guns, our team works together to achieve customer satisfaction.
    Please keep us in mind for any further purchases.
    Angie Oakley

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Always my first stop when gun shopping. Never felt as though I was "bothering" anyone with my questions (unlike some other Indy-area dealers). I've always pondered what working there would be like. Someday, when I retire, I just may put in that application. Not for the $ mind you, but the atmosphere...lol. One may also consider time spent there as an "intership".

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Preach it, Brother Kenny!!! I think within my first week, I was hooked on a Smith model 27! Not to mention the 2 Savage mags I got the 1st day!!

Top Bottom