• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerzyperson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    St. Joseph County
    I've been kicking around which can to go with for my .300 win that would halo be a great fit for my .300 blk. I was going to get the Dead Air sandman L. However all the QC concerns as of late, I'm second guessing. What's everyone else's experience on .30 call cans? If I could save a little as well that'd be awesome but not an issue. Tia!

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Really depends on price and setup. AAC Jaeger is a great can for a bolt gun, and it’s reasonably priced. Q Thunder Chicken or Trash Panda are light and a bit pricier, and more middle of the road. Huxwrx flow through is a spectacular system, or go for the gold with a Surefire…

What are your needs and platform? Steel or Titanium? Price range?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Really depends on price and setup. AAC Jaeger is a great can for a bolt gun, and it’s reasonably priced. Q Thunder Chicken ot Trash panda is light and a bit pricier.

What are your needs and platform? Steel or Titanium?
    This is your guy, Jerzy. He knows his stuff.

jerzyperson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    St. Joseph County
    Really depends on price and setup. AAC Jaeger is a great can for a bolt gun, and it’s reasonably priced. Q Thunder Chicken or Trash Panda are light and a bit pricier, and more middle of the road. Huxwrx flow through is a spectacular system, or go for the gold with a Surefire…

What are your needs and platform? Steel or Titanium? Price range?
    Bolt gun will be it's normal home. Used for hunting out west. And subs through an ar platform 300 blk. I'm not afraid to buy once cry once. Just want to make sure what it is, is what I need for my planned usage. I do also plan to build a 7mm prc early next year for a Colorado bear hunt, would like something I can use on that for a lightweight short barreled mountain gun.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    If you don’t need to be invisible, go titanium. It might spark occasionally but that doesn’t affect performance and you’ll lose weight especially on longer cans.

The wider the can, the lower the pitch and lower notes are more pleasant to listen to.

Flow through tech doesn’t matter on bolt guns so save your money there.

I’d probably go for a Q Thunder Chicken or a Thunder Beast Ultra 7 Gen 2 given the choices. It all comes down to pricing at that point.

Just my opinion.

jerzyperson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    St. Joseph County
    If you don’t need to be invisible, go titanium. It might spark occasionally but that doesn’t affect performance and you’ll lose weight especially on longer cans.

The wider the can, the lower the pitch and lower notes are more pleasant to listen to.

Flow through tech doesn’t matter on bolt guns so save your money there.

I’d probably go for a Q Thunder Chicken or a Thunder Beast Ultra 7 Gen 2 given the choices. It all comes down to pricing at that point.

Just my opinion.
    I've been eye balling the TBAC. But I'll look into the Q. All this supressor technology is foreign to me. I'll be the first of anyone I know with one. But rifles sting a little more than they used to when I was younger. I'm not overly concerned on price. Again only thing I'm concerned with is how well it works on a .300 win mag. Thank you for your input. It is very helpful.

With those direct thread cans, do I need anything on the muzzle to keep everything tight and in line? Being there's no muzzle device to lock onto.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I've been eye balling the TBAC. But I'll look into the Q. All this supressor technology is foreign to me. I'll be the first of anyone I know with one. But rifles sting a little more than they used to when I was younger. I'm not overly concerned on price. Again only thing I'm concerned with is how well it works on a .300 win mag. Thank you for your input. It is very helpful.

With those direct thread cans, do I need anything on the muzzle to keep everything tight and in line? Being there's no muzzle device to lock onto.
    Check out Diligent Defense enticer series. The enticer L Ti sounds like it would fit your needs.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    In line? No, assuming your threads are concentric to the bore. Factory threads will (should) be. If you need your barrel threaded, contact a good gunsmith like @AllenM.

Direct thread attachments should be checked for tightness somewhat often. I prefer QD locking devices but they add a little cost per rifle with extra brakes. They prevent thread damage too.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    A good suppressor will take a LOT of the sting out of a 300WM, up to 40% of the recoil, dropping it (on average) from around 25lbs recoil to 15lbs. That’s less than a medium 308.

I don’t shoot mag rifles unsuppressed at all. Those years of abuse are behind me.

Last edited:

jerzyperson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    St. Joseph County
    A good suppressor will take a LOT of the sting out of a 300WM, up to 40% of the recoil, dropping it (on average) from around 25lbs recoil to 15lbs. That’s less than a medium 308.

I don’t shoot mag rifles unsuppressed at all. Those years of abuse are behind me.
    Absolutely. I looked into both, so they both have a muzzle device. I was under the assumption the TBAC was a direct thread.

Top Bottom