• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    To make a long story short - I gave eHarmony a try in an attempt to meet someone. I went on a first date with one of the girls they matched me with tonight. We met up for coffee and after 45 minutes it was going great...until:

She asked me how many girls I had gone out with from the site and I asked her the same. She said the first date was "ok" but lacked a connection. The second guy, however, she said was a disaster. She said the guy seemed normal and she was having a good time until she found out he was a "crazy gun-toting Republican weirdo". "Oh, ya?" I said. "He told me he had a gun with him! What kind of guy is paranoid enough to think they have to carry a gun with them?" - she says.

I'm sure my jaw dropped a little. I paused for a few seconds and said... "Oh." And paused again. I think she picked up on it, but I explained why I have and carry guns - my father was LEO, learned to shoot at 6yo, and I understand there are people in society that would do harm to innocent people for no reason.

She spent 10 minutes back-tracking then changed the subject altogether. The date lasted another extremely awkward 30 minutes before we left... She never thanked me for buying her coffee.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    It's hard when they're young. Most women that grew up in the city or burbs have a bit of a liberal bent until they get some age (experience) and/or have kids.

Good luck...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    That's actually a very good thing to find out on a first date, instead of after investing time and emotion in someone, only to find out you are incompatible on a basic level.

When I hear stories of women like this, I always hope they don't become as avidly pro-gun as my aunt is, in the same manner. Namely, after a violent and horrific rape.

Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    You should change your username on eharmony to an ingo username like "eharmonyglockguy" or "hoosierblaster" atleast the women will know what they are getting into

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    Way to nip that one in the bud early! That wasn't a $7 cup of coffee....was it? I know several people who have had good luck with those dating sites so keep it up as long as they are providing interesting people for you to check out!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Maybe you should include that in your eHarmony profile... "crazy gun-toting [conservative] weirdo" :)

Keep trying.. one of our friends tried a few online dating sites, went on a couple of dates, and I think he's found a keeper on his second or third attempt. They've been dating for five or six months now, and they like each other well enough to have booked a cruise with us for next year. :D I think he found her through match.com though.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Shoulda whipped it out and gave her a tutorial on your gun. My bro does it all the time. It goes like this.... " Yea this is the m&p 9 .... clack (as he releases the slide)" I :rofl: every time he does it.

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Maybe you should include that in your eHarmony profile... "crazy gun-toting [conservative] weirdo" :)

Keep trying.. one of our friends tried a few online dating sites, went on a couple of dates, and I think he's found a keeper on his second or third attempt. They've been dating for five or six months now, and they like each other well enough to have booked a cruise with us for next year. :D I think he found her through match.com though.

I've had good luck (till tonight) so far...just nobody I'd want to date. I just can't fathom how someone would be so openly judgmental towards someone they don't know at all.

Maybe that's why she's single...

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    You should change your username on eharmony to an ingo username like "eharmonyglockguy" or "hoosierblaster" atleast the women will know what they are getting into

I can't agree more eharmonyglockguy:): I am willing to bet you won't be hearing from her anytime soon , and that might just be a good thing.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Shoulda whipped it out and gave her a tutorial on your gun. My bro does it all the time. .................

:wow:

police-state-sheriff-blazing-saddles.jpg

:laugh:

Top Bottom