• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI
    Well today was my first day here in IN. The left turn lanes are nothing new to us Michiganders, we have them everywhere. But, I think we use them a little different then ya'll. Of course we use them to wait to turn left into parking lots and side streets. But we also use them to turn left out of parking lots or side streets and wait for traffic to clear to merge. I got honked at today for doing that.

Also, can you turn left on red if it is a one-way street? That's how we roll.

Thanks all.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Pyzik,

Welcome to Hoosierville (ie. Indiana)!

Regarding turning onto one (1) way streets I believe that is a no-no here in Fort Wayne. At one point they did allow it, but then you had stupid people causing accidents and so it was revoked.

I always use middle lanes that are marked w/ left & right arrows to merge either into traffic or to get out of traffics way to turn into a parking lot. However, you have stupid people that do not understand this. Ignore them! I do.

Regards,

Doug

pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI
    Cool, thanks. I am in Marion, working at the GM stamping. There are alot of one-ways here in Marion.

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    Welcome to Indiana :welcome: I work in Marion as well, not a bad little town. I live west about 20mins in a tiny country town just how I like it! Welcome to the forum, these guys are a great group of people :D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You can turn left on red onto a one way street if your coming off of a one way street. Unless there is a sign that says no turn on red.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You can turn left on red onto a one way street if your coming off of a one way street. Unless there is a sign that says no turn on red.

A friend of mine got a ticket a few years ago, in Indianapolis, for doing just that. She lost in traffic court, too. I think what she reported back when I asked was "Judge said that the cop wrote the ticket, it must be good."

Probably that jerk judge who'd fine people the max every time they contested and lost...which was always.

-J-

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    A friend of mine got a ticket a few years ago, in Indianapolis, for doing just that. She lost in traffic court, too. I think what she reported back when I asked was "Judge said that the cop wrote the ticket, it must be good."

Probably that jerk judge who'd fine people the max every time they contested and lost...which was always.

-J-

Its the law as written in the drivers manual.:dunno:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    first stop should be a club in kokomo called the hugger take the wife and some ones and have a good time:rockwoot::welcome:

GAWD NO!!! lol what are you thinking!?! Just because its "world famous" doesnt mean its good! :D

Oh and welcome to Indiana and INGO!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Its the law as written in the drivers manual.:dunno:

I know that. She knew that. Had the code cited and documented.

Hmmm... That really sucks. Here is the relevant passage from the BMV manual. Seems pretty clear:
    You may turn left through an intersection with a red light if you are
    turning from a one-way street to a one-way street. You must also come to a full
    stop, check to make sure that there are no vehicles or pedestrians in the path of
    your turn or about to enter the path of your turn, and use the correct lanes.

Top Bottom