• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So I stopped and handled a Para 1911 this afternoon, a .45 to be exact. I must say it was a beautiful gun, felt great in hand and overall seemed like a very smooth firearm.. Now, having never seen one prior to today I have ZERO knowledge of the Charollette, NC company.. My question is what can you all tell me of this brand? Do they offer more than the 1911 I handled, etc.??

Thanks guys.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Para USA is a subsidiary of Para Ordnance, a Canadian-based company that has been around since the 1980s. Para USA is now part of the Freedom Group family of companies along with Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Marlin, H&R and others. They make a bunch of different 1911s, some better or nicer than others, as well as a line of AR-based rifles.

IME, the US-made Para 1911s are better built and MUCH more reliable than the Canadian guns. We don't sell a lot of Paras generally, but have had very few problems out of the ones we've had come through.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I bought a para nighthawg and out of the box I function checked it. With the safety engaged the trigger would still drop the hammer. Para customer service was not great (to be fair to them they had just moved their hq from canada). The finish on the gun was substandard for that kind of money. It was a cannon though.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I had a P 18. (9MM) It shot very well but, It was extremely picky when it came to ammo. and, it wasn't anywhere close to reliable. If I ever buy another double-stack 1911, it will be a STI.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would like to get a Warthawg for carry and a P14-45 for the range. My wife loves the GI Expert and shoots it very well.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    i have a p14-45 limited, its a stainless double stack, had it for awhile now and everyone whoever shoots it, likes shooting it, heh.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have a couple of Canadian P12-45s. EDC one I got new (in other words I trust it), the other's pending a couple hundred rounds first.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Seems though most of you really enjoy your Para's.. Interesting. Not having heard anything prior to this I appreciate all of your input!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have two Para's. P-12 and a P-14 Limited in Stainless. Owned both since new and both have ran thousands of rounds. Never had any issues with the P-14 and had a re-coil plug failure on the P-12 last summer. No big deal. I had AllenM do a Ceracoat and trigger assembly on the P-12 recently. We have ran these guns to death and they are still running.

Yukon1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I have a para LDA 14.45 and couldn't be happier with it. It is a good shooter and very reliable..

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Check for reviews online. For example the Warthog is a very problematic piece. I had a P12 but my hands were too big for it. Glocks and full size Berettas fit me well.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I used to own a LTC and loved it. Currently have an older P14 and it shoots well also. That said, I do know people who have bought Para's and they turned out to be crap. Seems that it's hit or miss on whether you get a good one or not!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Check for reviews online. For example the Warthog is a very problematic piece. I had a P12 but my hands were too big for it. Glocks and full size Berettas fit me well.

My hands are large for the P-12 so I run P-14 Mags in it. They fit and run well. The extension puts it just right for my hand. This makes the gun hold 15 with one in the pipe.

Karma-Racegun-Para018.jpg

Top Bottom