• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I received my first fixed blade knife, and second Spyderco, in the mail today. It's the latest Mule Team #16.

It is made of CTS-XHP steel. I'm no steel expert, but the description claims it is corrosion resistant and holds an edge. I would like to get some orange scales made for it, or maybe just orange paracord wrapping, and a kydex sheath (know any sources?) and use it in a get home / bail out bag. But it may end up pulling some kitchen duty ;)

15gte85.jpg

My other knife is a Spyderco Calypso Jr that I've had since 2005-ish. I love it. I have broken the clip, twice, and just carry it in my pocket from time-to-time with a small paracord lanyard on the end.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    great choice. great blades with and awesome steel. If your in need of kydex we could hook you up no problem. as far as handles check with knifemaker brad southard and see if he still has any around. or you can go with Cuscadi of Germany. they make a lot also.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    great choice. great blades with and awesome steel. If your in need of kydex we could hook you up no problem. as far as handles check with knifemaker brad southard and see if he still has any around. or you can go with Cuscadi of Germany. they make a lot also.

I don't see anything on Southard's website... I had found Cuscadi before and their scales would end up being far more than the knife costs! They do look nice though.

I probably need scales before a sheath, huh?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom