• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I got my first Glock today. Shot my first Glock today. Fell in love with my first Glock today. :rockwoot: I used to **** and moan about how ugly they where. how they didnt fit my hand, they looked cheap. No more shall i ever bash the Glock. In fact im thinking i might sell some others to get more. Its a g26 that i have and at 75 feet 8 shots could be covered by 20oz bottle. That was of hand and the target waving in the fan breeze of the range. 50ft 4.5 in group. 21ft 3in group. all off hand no rests. Cant wait till i get the le trade in g17 off lay away at cabelas. :draw:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Congratulations on your new Glock. Don't become like the rest of the Glock guys on here and keep rubbing it in, though. As soon as the plane lands on June 13th, I will be heading to Bradis and... well, I may go home and see the family first. :laugh:

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    questions for you glock aficionados. what model would be the best 9mm full sized range gun? what are the differences in gens?

I would think it would be g17c or the long slide. Far as i know the gen4 is the first major change to the glocks interanals so have to see. Check out rockyourglock.com or lonewolf distributors for upgrade ideas.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The Gen 4 Glocks has removeable backstraps. They come with a med and large. Made a huge difference, at least in my case, in the fit of the gun. The Gen 3 Glock's grip size wasn't right for me. I own a Gne 4 17 and installed the Med Backstrap. Fits great.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The Gen 4 Glocks has removeable backstraps. They come with a med and large. Made a huge difference, at least in my case, in the fit of the gun. The Gen 3 Glock's grip size wasn't right for me. I own a Gne 4 17 and installed the Med Backstrap. Fits great.

ummmm, the Gen4 with the medium backstrap is the same size as the Gen3 ;)

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Glock 32...in .357sig with Factory Night Sights. Everyone laughs about it being a 'hopped up' 9mm (ok, so it is a .355 bullet instead of a .357 bullet...but I seriously doubt that anyone who's been shot by it would stand there and argue that I've done less damage to them by hitting them with something that's a whole 2:1000th of an inch smaller than what's stated on the slide...but there's some who think they will. So far, I haven't had any volunteers willing to sign on the dotted line and stand out front.) I'mm getting a .40 barrel for it this summer, and with no other changes required, I'll soon be shooting 2 calibers from one gun! It's accurate as heck...I have no fears in carrying this toy around...and it definitely sinks 'em where I put 'em!

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    GLOCKs are GREAT

Hard to find anything wrong with a GLOCK from a performance standpoint.

The looks department finds them lacking a bit, but that only matters to some people (like me).

Vanguard.45

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If that is the case than I am a stooge of the Market Powers :):. Please tell me the Gen 3 only came with 2 Mags instead of 3.

Gen 3 normally come with 2 mags unless it is the blue label LE package, then it is 3 mags.

Yep, no added backstrap and the Gen4 is a "SF", medium size is the normal size, i.e. the Gen3, and the large is more like the feel of the 20/21, for bigger hands/long fingers.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats to the op. You will love it, and it won't be the last.

Glock 32...in .357sig with Factory Night Sights. Everyone laughs about it being a 'hopped up' 9mm (ok, so it is a .355 bullet instead of a .357 bullet...but I seriously doubt that anyone who's been shot by it would stand there and argue that I've done less damage to them by hitting them with something that's a whole 2:1000th of an inch smaller than what's stated on the slide...but there's some who think they will. So far, I haven't had any volunteers willing to sign on the dotted line and stand out front.) I'mm getting a .40 barrel for it this summer, and with no other changes required, I'll soon be shooting 2 calibers from one gun! It's accurate as heck...I have no fears in carrying this toy around...and it definitely sinks 'em where I put 'em!

It's only a " hopped " up 9mm if you shoot MOST factory ammo. Hopped up and much more expensive. Most factory ammo doesn't come close to what that round is capable of. You can safely load that round in the lighter bullet weights ( 125 gr and down ) and rival what the .357 mag out of a comparable length barrel can do !

Top Bottom