• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbyount

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hey guys. I'm Dave. Even though I've never spoken with you guys, you really helped me pick the shop where I purchased my first gun today. I lurked on here for a few weeks. If not for you guys, I would have gotten ripped off at Don's! I am from the northside of Indianapolis. Right in the middle of Indianapolis, Carmel, and Zionsville (Carmel address). I ended up going to Indy Trading Post. I called them today, and spoke with Matt. He was extremely helpful over the phone, and then again in person when I got to the store. This was my first gun purchase ever. Before today, I hadn't even shot a handgun before. I thought I was going to end up buying a .45ACP after all the research I did. Either a Glock 21 or some sort of 1911. I took his advice and started looking at 9mms. I found a 9mm Beretta 90-two and couldn't put it down. They even offered me free range time after I bought it. They walked me through the safety and gun basics, and showed me everything I needed to know. The prices were great, the guns were great, and the service was great! So Thanks INgunOwners.com and Thanks Indy Trading Post! I'm a very proud new gun owner. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys around the forum.

img0420zh.jpg

img0421ns.jpg

img0423s.jpg

img0425wq.jpg

img0428ue.jpg

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Hey guys. I'm Dave. Even though I've never spoken with you guys, you really helped me pick the shop where I purchased my first gun today. I lurked on here for a few weeks. If not for you guys, I would have gotten ripped off at Don's! I am from the northside of Indianapolis. Right in the middle of Indianapolis, Carmel, and Zionsville (Carmel address). I ended up going to Indy Trading Post. I called them today, and spoke with Matt. He was extremely helpful over the phone, and then again in person when I got to the store. This was my first gun purchase ever. Before today, I hadn't even shot a handgun before. I thought I was going to end up buying a .45ACP after all the research I did. Either a Glock 21 or some sort of 1911. I took his advice and started looking at 9mms. I found a 9mm Beretta 90-two and couldn't put it down. They even offered me free range time after I bought it. They walked me through the safety and gun basics, and showed me everything I needed to know. The prices were great, the guns were great, and the service was great! So Thanks INgunOwners.com and Thanks Indy Trading Post! I'm a very proud new gun owner. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys around the forum. Pics coming soon.

Welcome, and congratulations on an excellent purchase. Beware of "Baretta-itis". You'll have another one before you know it! ;)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

Great first purchase!!! The "dash two" is really a nice pistol. Like Kagnew said, beware of Beretta-itis, they are very addictive pistols, rifles, shotguns, and other stuff!!! I speak from experience having been severely bitten by the Series 92 Bug!!!!!!!

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    Congratulations!! I love the look of the 90Two. My Beretta 92 FS is my favorite pistol of all time. Happy shooting!

dbyount

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    I've heard 90 "dash" two. And I've heard 90 "tac" two. Which is the proper name for it?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I've heard 90 "dash" two. And I've heard 90 "tac" two. Which is the proper name for it?

Last time I spoke with someone from Beretta, he just called it a "dash two". Whether it is the acceptable street name, the actual is 90 dash two, again per Beretta.

JusAdSumBellum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Central IN
    Mind if I ask what you paid for it? I just sold my .40 90two to a friend for a steal. 9mm is the way to go for just starting out. Ive owned several other calibers but I keep coming back to 9mm. +p ammo did a lot for that round.

Call it what ever you want. I never met anyone else with one of those so most people will look at you as an authority. I called mine the 90 dash two and everyone knew what I was talking about. Just don't call it the 92 or people will be confused.

Welcome though. Great purchase. Are you already thinking about the next one?

dbyount

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Mind if I ask what you paid for it? I just sold my .40 90two to a friend for a steal. 9mm is the way to go for just starting out. Ive owned several other calibers but I keep coming back to 9mm. +p ammo did a lot for that round.

Call it what ever you want. I never met anyone else with one of those so most people will look at you as an authority. I called mine the 90 dash two and everyone knew what I was talking about. Just don't call it the 92 or people will be confused.

Welcome though. Great purchase. Are you already thinking about the next one?

Thanks! No laser sight, just stock. And I paid $619.99 before taxes. Is that a good price? I heard that this gun at Don's would be like $1000.

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    I had looked at that gun at ITP. Didn't pull the trigger on it because I was wanting to get away from a full metal framed handgun and move to a polymer framed.

That handgun has a nice balance of weight and size. I loved the feel of it.

The free half hour is nice when you purchase a hand gun. I'm actually going to day to use mine.

JusAdSumBellum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Central IN
    Id say that's a very fair price. I would keep spending my money there. I just checked dons the other day for a laugh and theirs were on sale for 925. Can you believe that crap.
    I think I bought mine at the 1500 for 650 out the door. They msrp around 750, according to gun bible.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    :welcome: Welcome to the forum and I'd say you made a very smart decision to buy a Beretta 92 series as your first handgun. It's built solid as a rock, very accurate and will hold value pretty well. Beretta has been making guns for over 500 years and is still owned by the same family. Happy shooting!!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    :welcome: to :ingo: Nice piece!!! I love Berettas, wish I hadn't sold mine sometimes. I think my next handgun purchase will include one of those for consideration.

BTW, careful with that trigger discipline now. (Ref: pic #4) OK, where's Kirk??? :n00b:

Top Bottom