• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcshaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Add: I keep forgetting that the newspaper tried to I don't know "spice it up" or something by emphasizing the "back of head" like it was an execution. Like I said I think he caught the ricochet. Because, I would think a 9mm hollow point that hits at 7 feet would cause a mess. My undocumented sources tell me that he had a laceration/scrape up the back of his skull

And the "going for the back door" was just completely made up - as stated previously he left the money at the register.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    well done, sir. glad that you came through without legal ramifications. it's a shame about your being fired. i hope that the perp's and his family don't get any crazy ideas about civil court. i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Keltecs are great guns for the money. I have a P11 as my CC gun and have never had an issue with it. I want a PF9 for pocket carry over the summer.

Another question for you: Did your co workers know you CC'd? How shocked were they after you fired and difused the situation? Thanks

mcshaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Keltecs are great guns for the money. I have a P11 as my CC gun and have never had an issue with it. I want a PF9 for pocket carry over the summer.

Another question for you: Did your co workers know you CC'd? How shocked were they after you fired and difused the situation? Thanks

For the security of my friends and former coworkers I will leave it at - it was not common knowledge. The only people I let know directly were people who in some way found out on there own and asked directly. I answered honestly. (I'm an honest kind of guy. Sometimes to a fault.)

Only 2 others in building. One guy was gone out the door at dead run after gunshot. Girl was still at register with an absolutely stunned look on her face. She was a brand new employee and quit shortly after.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    +rep for doing what had to be done, and for posting an excellent recounting of events. The resulting loss of your job was most unfortunate; I wish you all the best going forward.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Good to read the open and honest account of what happened. Thanks for giving us all such an excellent accounting of the events. Nicely done on all fronts. All the luck in the world to you as you try to move forward.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I would boycott PH if I weren't already doing so for firing drivers for carrying. Did the Police take your pistol and if so did or when did you get it back?

mcshaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    I would boycott PH if I weren't already doing so for firing drivers for carrying. Did the Police take your pistol and if so did or when did you get it back?

Yes police kept pistol for a few 3-4 weeks. I only had to be mildly aggressive to get it returned.(After about 2 weeks I called about every other day to ask about it. Everything was polite and I kept telling them they could keep it if they still needed it.)

It was returned short one round .... i assume the one that was cleared on intake.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Sounds like you keep your cool as much as possible. I pray I never have to do what you did, but if I ever have to I hope I can be 1/2 as calm as you seemed to be.

Keep in mind they lost a good employee! You never know maybe this will open up a door you never dreamed of happening!

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    Yes police kept pistol for a few 3-4 weeks. I only had to be mildly aggressive to get it returned.(After about 2 weeks I called about every other day to ask about it. Everything was polite and I kept telling them they could keep it if they still needed it.)

It was returned short one round .... i assume the one that was cleared on intake.

3-4 weeks is pretty good. IMPD took my gun a couple years ago and it took 8 months to get it back

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

Chances are that the missing round was used to obtain a ballistic profile of the gun.
    Common practice if the gun is to be returned to the owner.
    Glad to hear that you were unharmed.
    Mike

blueskies

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Words almost fail me Sir...I commend you on your being cool, calm, and collected, considering. You deserve far greater than the words these posts offer, and if there is anything just left, that's what will occur. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts on this.

To All: I like E5Ranger's idea on the collection, if this transpires, kindly PM me so that I can participate.

Once again, good luck Sir, many of us here are with you.
    Philip

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Later I think I've worked out that I missed the guy and he ate the ricochet. Hence the wound to the back of the head but no brain splatter or large pools of blood. Guy has recovered and is being sentenced on Monday.
    That perp was very lucky IMO
    Do you recall, were you aiming at COM?

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    Hey man sounds like you did a great job! You handled yourself well and did the right thing to protect yourself and others! I give you a high five on that! I'm glad the situation turned out in a good way.

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    You should get a metal... not fired!

Unbelievable story.

I would hope I would react the same way.

Like many have said (No more PizzaHut for me) and anything YUM brand is off limits.

Thanks for sharing... :patriot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    mcshaker please check your email.
    1) I have 2 sister that are in HR that do hiring. My older sister (in Indy) may have contacts in Anderson for you. My younger sis is in NWI but may too have some stuff out that way. She deals mainly with NWI.

2) It's going to be hard but my family & I will no longer ever eat Pizza Hut! (We grew up with that brand.)

3) Thank you for the detail post and your though processes

4) So where is BG now? What was he charged with?

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    MC - Thanks for sharing that evenings events. Like it has already been said, I hope I'm never in a situation like this, but if I am I hope I have the presence of mind to stop, think and react with out injury to myself or others.

Thanks, again for being the protector your co-workers may have needed. Armed BG deserve what the get.

Bravo Zulu

Oh yea, Mega Bacon to ya'

Doug

Top Bottom