• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    I just bought my first handgun today. I decided on the Sig Sauer SP2022. I am pretty excited to get it out to the range, but I have to wait until Thursday to pick it up because of the "cooling off" period in Florida.

I was wondering if there is anything I should do to the gun before I shoot it. I have been told to clean it because the factory puts some pretty heavy duty lube and anticorrosive in there for shipping and storage purposes. Is there anything else in the way of maintenance I need to do before shooting for the first time? Thanks for the help!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    just a good cleaning....out of the box from the factory they are ready to go....even the cleaning is questionable with Sigs they don't tend to over pack the grease that I can remember, but things change...you could do a function check if you really wanted, but being brand new it's really not necessary

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Oh and congrats on your first gun....I also am a Sig fan (amongst others)....what caliber did you choose? I'm not too familiar with that specific model

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    *stands up* "Hello everyone, my name is Richard & I am also a Sig addict".

LOL anyway congratulations on your first handgun, very wise choice IMHO.

chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    Oh and congrats on your first gun....I also am a Sig fan (amongst others)....what caliber did you choose? I'm not too familiar with that specific model

I got the 9mm model. I did a lot of research on the gun. I probably read a hundred different reviews. All but 2 or 3 people LOVED the SP2022. Those 2 or 3 people seem to have gotten a dud gun because after sending it out to Sig, the gun performed well.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Congrats on the first gun. Gotta ask will it be your first time shooting or just your first purchase. Either way I know when I purchased my first gun on my own I saw 50 others that I wanted. I think it is a never ending cycle. But a fun one.

chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    Congrats on the first gun. Gotta ask will it be your first time shooting or just your first purchase. Either way I know when I purchased my first gun on my own I saw 50 others that I wanted. I think it is a never ending cycle. But a fun one.

It was my first purchase. I have shot rifles and shotguns while hunting ever since I was 10. I also shot a lot of handguns by borrowing from guys or renting before deciding on the SP2022.

chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    Picked my gun up today. I gave it a thorough cleaning and took it to the range. I shot 200 rounds without a single problem. It is my first handgun so accuracy is suspect, but it got better toward the end of my range trip. I love this gun. It ate up all the ammo I threw at it, 2 being cheap walmart types!

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    First handgun

Reading this I remembered my first handgun. A beretta 92 fs. Man I was excited to get it & shoot it. I'm pretty sure it was mostly because of the movie "lethal weapon". At that time high cap semi auto handguns were pretty new and very cool. Anyways enjoy.:ar15:

Top Bottom