• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Metal: beretta 92, smith 5906, or a cz 75
    Plastic: s&w m&p, Springfield xd/xdm, glock, Walther ppq (or p99, but I like the ppq more)

All of those are available in 9mm, which I'd recommend if you are wanting to target shoot as ammo is cheap and plentiful. 9mm will also do well with some of the new jhp ammo available today for personal protection.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    Springfield XD-9, Glock 19, Smith & Wesson M&P 9 are my suggestions for a first handgun. Any of these are reliable, relatively inexpensive, easy to operate and maintain, parts and accessories are readily available plus 9mm is the least expensive major caliber to shoot.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    How about an M&P .22 or a Sig Mosquito. Nice guns and you can shoot them lots for little. Less noise than a 9mm or bigger and you can get a larger caliber later. Also, you can carry one of those for self defense. Remember a hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44.

G.ninO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    If u want to get a decent gun under 500$ look at a p95dc its not the best but for the $ cant go wrong. Good training gun. But if u want a great gun i would look at a baby glock or a m&p series. great for ccw, awsome guns...

willie53

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    I have a S&W 5906 .9mm, great shooter, but heavier to carry than the Glocks. But, than I like the Taurus guns also, lot of people don't

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    my first gun (bought in september) was a smith & wesson m&p 9. i got the range & carry kit. i love it =) im goin g to zx guns on monday....hoping to find a deal on a m&p22 (plinker) or a steyr m-a1.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    well i went to zx guns today, no deals, no nothing....they were closed.....should have probably checked the hours first before driving from south bend to goshen. ohh well...i did have gyros for lunch on the way back though.

Top Bottom