• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yeah it must be hell living like royalty at our expense. Poor princess can't walk outside the palace without here bodyguards... :(

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    More than one member of the First Family has thought it was awful Rambone... ask the Bush twins, and a whole bunch of others. We may not identify with the set of problems they get with the position - but that doesn't mean that it doesn't suck.

She made the mistake of talking about it to people that she should not have... period.

People who haven't been there (and in this case I sure as heck haven't!) will find it hard to understand the pressures. Best not to discuss it with those who haven't. It's lonely at the top....

Consider the case of someone who owns a factory in small town Indiana... everyone in town thinks they are a rich bastard and treats their kids accordingly etc. I know several such folks who would gladly get rid of their "status" - but no one in town would believe them. And dang sure not pity them.

I'm not saying I have one bit of like for the Obamas... I detest many of the things they stand for. She is certainly not the first First Lady or family member to feel this way. But a) she knew what the job was when she signed up for it. and b) she needs to respect the office. and sometimes that means sucking it up, shutting up and plowing forward.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    More than one member of the First Family has thought it was awful Rambone... ask the Bush twins, and a whole bunch of others. We may not identify with the set of problems they get with the position - but that doesn't mean that it doesn't suck.

She made the mistake of talking about it to people that she should not have... period.

People who haven't been there (and in this case I sure as heck haven't!) will find it hard to understand the pressures. Best not to discuss it with those who haven't. It's lonely at the top....

Consider the case of someone who owns a factory in small town Indiana... everyone in town thinks they are a rich bastard and treats their kids accordingly etc. I know several such folks who would gladly get rid of their "status" - but no one in town would believe them. And dang sure not pity them.

I'm not saying I have one bit of like for the Obamas... I detest many of the things they stand for. She is certainly not the first First Lady or family member to feel this way. But a) she knew what the job was when she signed up for it. and b) she needs to respect the office. and sometimes that means sucking it up, shutting up and plowing forward.

All well and good. And I give some consideration to those in a position that I can not relate to. In this case however you have a woman that has voiced on more than one occasion (even as far back as college papers) her distain for America in general and white America specifically. That on top of all the other bad press:

Goes on TV and trying to convince America to vacation in the gulf oil spill areas saying it was safe and then taking her family somewhere else. Then after a lot of bad press about that spending part of their vacation in FL to try to make it look good. Her large staff, she wearing inappropriate attire to ceremonies etc. Those are just a few of the things that come to mind.

It would be like Pairs Hilton complaining that she is getting too much attention from the media. No pity from me. Same for the kings wife, she doesn't present herself as a first lady to be respected in my view so I have very little sympathy for her terrible situation.

She is in a very public position, not a private enterprise. She is making whoopee on my dime and I don't want to hear her complain about it as she and her husband and cronies spend America into ruin. Its not a matter of disliking her as a person, but being insulted by her actions as a "first lady".

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    This is what happens when you live with a dirty conscience.

Those who know they have made the right decision and have reconciled it with their conscience or "god" sleep easy.

Top Bottom