• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INDYFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Fishers
    Finally got my hands on a Ruger LC9 the other day. It has a pretty good feel even with my size 15 hands! I'm not sure how much "snap" the lightwieght 9mm would have though. Anyone have experience to share on that subject?

I liked most everything about it except the trigger. Maybe I'm just used to my Glock triggers (3.5 conn. + a NY1 spring), but the length of pull on the LC9 is longer than anything I've experienced, and it doesn't break until it is virtually against the front strap! Has anyone seen or heard of any kind of fix for that trigger?:dunno:

thanx!:ingo:

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Finally got my hands on a Ruger LC9 the other day. It has a pretty good feel even with my size 15 hands! I'm not sure how much "snap" the lightwieght 9mm would have though. Anyone have experience to share on that subject?

I liked most everything about it except the trigger. Maybe I'm just used to my Glock triggers (3.5 conn. + a NY1 spring), but the length of pull on the LC9 is longer than anything I've experienced, and it doesn't break until it is virtually against the front strap! Has anyone seen or heard of any kind of fix for that trigger?:dunno:

thanx!:ingo:

I have not shot an LC9, but I do have a PF9. It's not fun to shoot, and you have make sure you have a firm grip. There is a lot of felt recoil. It does the job though.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I picked up a LC9 at Blythe’s in Griffith.:D I put about 150 rounds through it at Kingsbury (so no double taps or anything). Yes, the trigger is a bit strange. It’s a long pull, then it seems to lighten up for the last millimeter or so. Then it goes bang. You have to reset it all the way, or you get a half cock, no bang, rack it back.

The recoil is not unmanageable by any means (but not a Cadillac either). I am okay without the pinky extension, and only two fingers gripping the pistol (I was shooting two handed the whole time). However, the way I was holding it gave me a blister on the thumb side of the v. (I’ll have a callas there in no time.) I would not call myself a good pistol shooter, but I kept it on the target at 10 and 15 yards, 25 not so much.

I did pull out the magazine safety, so if the weather is nice this weekend, I am going to put some rounds through it. We’ll see if it had any negative effect on the trigger.

Sidenote, I think magazine safeties are useless to those who don’t pickup guns and pull the trigger to see if they are loaded.:twocents:

Size 15 hands should help absorb the recoil, and it’s heavier than a PF9, so that helps too.

INDYFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Fishers
    Thanks for the comebacks, guys! You're pretty much confirming what I had thought about the gun. I'm looking for something smaller and lighter than my g26 for summer carry (maybe EDC). I've got a certain amount of arthritis in my hands and I'm thinking I may be better off with a .380. I really like the feel of the Sig 238, but I don't much care for the price. Guess I'll keep looking. Heck that's most of the fun anyway!

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have 400 rounds through mine and I really like it. Low recoil and very accurate. I love the trigger. The only things I don't like is the loaded chamber indicator.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Just picked one up yesterday. Put 50 rounds through it without a single problem. The trigger pull took a few rounds to get used to, I was pulling right, but after the first mag I settled down and was able to to least put them all in about a 3 inch pattern at 7 yards. What surprised me the most for being a light weight gun is the lack of perceived recoil. I have a kel-tec P-11 that is a bear to shoot but the LC9 is quite easy in comparison.

I thought the loaded chamber indicator would bother me but I quickly found that it actually aided me in getting back on target quicker. It carries very well in a Holster King large universal holster. All in all I like and after I get a few hundred more rounds shot it will be my EDC gun.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    LC9 has a great feel in the hands. I like how thin it is because of the single stack mag. I didn't care for the trigger and it only comes with one magazine. I haven't shot it so have no first hand "at the range" experience. The trigger and the lack of two mags is why I passed on one. I don't understand why some guns only come with one magazine???

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Same experience when I shot the LC9. (was not mine) the trigger
    travel is way to long and you anticipate the shot way before the
    trigger engages. To bad for Ruger....they got close to a nice gun.:dunno:

:ingo::patriot:

Top Bottom