• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Great video, but now I'm left wondering why full-auto doesn't just order an egg McMuffin without meat, if he doesn't want any? :dunno:

Also, now I'm wishing these came out last year, so I would have spent an extra $100 and bought the Titanium Chameleon 556 instead of my Kestrel 556.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The 5.56 is hearing safe. We don't recommend using a .308 can on a 5.56, ours or anyone else's (not trying to start a holy war). You don't put tractor tires on a Ford Fusion,. Likewise you should put the right caliber silencer on your weapon.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Will have to disagree but thanks for the reply.

Don't see the Chamelions up on your web yet but assuming they also work with 5.45x39 like the kestrel?

Last edited:

cfl4rat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Rosstucky
    Great product with great improvements! Hate to sound like a broken record but any plans on releasing a "NEW" Guardian 9??… Yeah I'll take a Chameleon 9 ;)ch

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Still stainless baffles, why not go the extra step with titanium baffles? Kind of misleading calling this a titanium suppressor. Even better than just titanium baffles offer an inconel blast chamber. I'd pay a alot for these options.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    i didn't realize this. Not going to be as light weight as I thought.

They are definitely lighter than the all steel cans, round 8 ounces on the 308 and 7 on the 5.56 . They are definitely not as light weight as some of the all titanium cans like yhm's phantom but only by a few ounces. Yhm's also lacks the take apart feature but does have inconel.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They are definitely lighter than the all steel cans, round 8 ounces on the 308 and 7 on the 5.56 . They are definitely not as light weight as some of the all titanium cans like yhm's phantom but only by a few ounces. Yhm's also lacks the take apart feature but does have inconel.
    If i spend the extra for the titanium can I want it as light as possible. No need to take it apart. Thanks for the info! Huntertown makes quality cans for sure. But sadly I can't use this one.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    The Yankee Hill Ti can is only lighter by 1.5 ounces and is listed as $380 more expensive. I'd take the ounce and a half for that savings.

Last edited:

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    The Yankee Hill Ti can is only lighter by 1.5 ounces and is listed as $380 more expensive. I'd take the ounce and a half for that savings.

Yhm is 2.5 ounces lighter in 308 version, more titanium, inconel blast chamber, qd system and supports shorter barrel length while making the distinction that blackout is warrantied even shorter yet. Hta has a take apart system and lower price. Only advantage I see but is it really with the difference in material cost . Still waiting on the qd system hta announced in 2012 too btw.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    So calling a Titanium bodied silencer with Inconel internals is not misleading while calling a Titanium bodied silencer with 17-4 internals is misleading. I guess I need to buy a vowel.

I am pleased that we can offer a 17 ounce .30 can for $699. Judging by the number we have sold in the past week so are others. BTW early indications are that we may rate this for .300 Win Mag as well.

The stainless steel baffle stack weighs about 6 ounces. We would cut that to about 4 by using Titanium, and would have a softer material costing about 12 times as much with half the yield strength and four times greater erosion than the 17-4 baffles we are using. Inconel is not necessary in a user serviceable silencer because the user can rotate the baffles, elongating the life span of the baffle stack, and we will replace the baffle stack under warranty if it erodes too much.

If 2 ounces are a big deal you have the option to work out or spend an extra $400 for a YHM, $500 for a Sandstorm, $500 for a Victory, or $800 for a Shark. BTW, I don't think any of these are rated for .300 Win Mag, are they?

Note: Oops, sorry. The $1500 Shark weighs 19 ounces, so I guess you'll have to work out even more if you buy one of them.

We are revamping our entire product line. Stay tuned for info on the G9.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Are you going to be offering a retrofit for the suppressor body if I want to send you my kestrel 556?

Top Bottom