• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I open carried my M&P9 for the first time yesterday. :rockwoot: I was on my way to Meijer on Illinois Road and came across some guy who apparently ran out of gas out on Jefferson, so my dad and I helped him push his van to the gas station. Once inside the store I got a couple of inquisitive looks, but that was it. No problems at all, as expected. :yesway:

I just need to get a better belt. It turns out carrying 52 rounds of 115gr JHPs is pretty hefty!

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    A good gunbelt will be a blessing when carrying. Bullhidebelts.com is who I use. Double thickness of a single piece of bullhide. I have had mine a year and a half and it is still stiff and solid. Another thing is you may want to consider paring down the amount of ammo/magazines you carry. With high cap mags usually 1 back up mag should be all you need.

Last suggestion: when you open carry, be the man in the gray suit. In other words, be open but be invisible...just another ambiguous face in the crowd.

Congrats on OCing!

GONZO!!!

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Bratemans has a pretty good selection of gun belts. That way you can try a few on to see what you like. If the price is right then you can get it right away, or you can order one online once you know the size and width you prefer.

Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks Compuvette and daddymikey and everybody else for the belt suggestions.

Last suggestion: when you open carry, be the man in the gray suit. In other words, be open but be invisible...just another ambiguous face in the crowd.

Congrats on OCing!

GONZO!!!

Right on! Thanks!

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Thanks Compuvette and daddymikey and everybody else for the belt suggestions.

Right on! Thanks!

I didn't give a belt suggestion, but I would suggest Wilderness Tactical if you want a riggers belt. For a regular belt, I like DM Bullard or Comp-Tac. Don't bother with 5.11, junk.

Top Bottom