• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    One of the guys I used to work with has it along with his wife. They're both in their 70s and he has diabetes. He's a little sick, mostly fatigue and coughing, wife is sick enough that if she gets any worse she's going in the hospital. He said they've both been very careful about precautions but still ended up with it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Had my blood tested a couple of weeks ago to see if my antibody levels were sufficient to donate plasma, they were not. So researching this a bit, little to no symptoms and low antibodies=low viral load. All indications that even though I tested positive, I was never contagious. Hmmm.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Had my blood tested a couple of weeks ago to see if my antibody levels were sufficient to donate plasma, they were not. So researching this a bit, little to no symptoms and low antibodies=low viral load. All indications that even though I tested positive, I was never contagious. Hmmm.
    My daughter has had the same experience. She tested positive just before Thanksgiving after a known exposure by close contact to someone with symptoms and a positive test. She had no symptoms.

Over Christmas break, she was tested for antibodies and did not have enough for donation of plasma...but they were interested in her for a regular blood donation (as they would be for all of us).

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Tested positive today via rapid test.

Started feeling sick last night. Had full body aches. Felt like I had a fever, so took my temp and it was 99.5. Went to bed and woke up feeling a little better, so I went to work. Body aches came back, and a headache. Felt really weak too. So I called the doctor, and they got me right in for a rapid test. I have to say, the nasal swab was one of my top 10 worst experiences ever. Got the results before I left the office. Positive. I'm off work for the next 10 days.

So far, just a mild fever, fatigue, body aches. I still have my sense of taste and smell. No cough or congestion. Feels like a minor case of the seasonal flu at this point. Hopefully this is as bad as it gets. It's still early.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Best of luck Hoosierdood! I'm not entirely convinced that I haven't had it. Never had any symptoms other than my sense of taste has been messed up for a few months. Beef and ham both taste "metallic" now and have for awhile. Other things are a little "off" too, but those two stand out.

Top Bottom