• ...and so much more!
  • unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Hello All

I just wanted to post my AAR on my first range trip as a resident of IN. Yesterday was my birthday (8-15), so the wife and I went to Winimac to have some fun with my AR and Glock. On the way, we stopped at Bailey's Discount Center and picked up a 20lb bag of Starburst. When we got there, the place was packed, but we found an open lane on the 25. After getting set up on the 25, I realized that I had the wrong staples for my staple gun. Back to Bailey's to pick up some staples, only to find that they didn't stock the right size. We get back to the range and borrow some masking tape from a nice gentleman (thanks again!) and we get to it. After some drawing from the holster drills and zeroing the AR, we move on to the 100. There were two guys there zeroing their .338's who were nice enough to lend me some proper staples (lifesavers!). The wife and I got some proper groups on the 100 and we decided to pack it up for the day.

All in all, a pretty good day.

Lessons Learned: Check the staples!

I'd like to thank the guys who were nice enough to lend me staples and the other guy who let me play around with his moving target.

Pilot

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Welcome to Indiana ~ it's not perfect, but it is a lot better state than the corrupt commie state of Illinois - and the worst part of Ill is Chicago. Sounds like you had a great day, glad to see you on the site. Looking forward to your impression of the Indiana ranges. I used to live in the Northern part of Indiana (Roselawn) and worked in Youngstown steel mill near Hammond for 3 ~ 4 years. Haven't been up in the area for a few years, still have a cousin living up there.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Winamac is a favorite range. Usually not too busy when I have been there but that can vary. Met some good people there.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Welcome to Indiana ~ it's not perfect, but it is a lot better state than the corrupt commie state of Illinois - and the worst part of Ill is Chicago. Sounds like you had a great day, glad to see you on the site. Looking forward to your impression of the Indiana ranges. I used to live in the Northern part of Indiana (Roselawn) and worked in Youngstown steel mill near Hammond for 3 ~ 4 years. Haven't been up in the area for a few years, still have a cousin living up there.

Funny you mention Chicago because I moved here from there. Let me tell you, it's as bad as you see it on the news. I couldn't walk to Walgreens without hearing sirens somewhere in the distance.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Glad it all worked out for you and the wife. Yes... the Winamac range is a great place. In-fact it is my "happy place". In all the years I have gone there 20+ I have never had a bad experience with people there. By the way. Not many people know this, but the range officers have staple guns and/or tacks on site that they will let a person borrow if you ask because as they explained to me "they know people forget things sometimes". They also have some spare targets as well...again if you ask. They are super nice guys and they enjoy when people take the time to strike up a conversation with them. I always take the time when there to at least stop in(at the shed on the rifle range) and say "Hi" to them. They also are a wealth of info about the Winamac FWA. :)

Top Bottom