• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Well I am now part of the Sig family. I have been issued a Sig 220 for my duty weapon. I had several others prior to the boating accident, but never a Sig. I won't get to shoot it until next Tuesday, but I am very excited to say the least. ... :D

Last edited:

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Sig Family

Welcome! I love my .40 cal SP2022. I've only put about 350 rounds through it but it is a joy to shoot.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The Sig is an awesome handgun and one that I've found to be more than satisfactory. The only issue I have is that I must reposition my strong-hand thumb in order to allow the slide to lock back after firing the last round.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Not to thread jack, but I'm looking to get a small CC gun. Since you all think so highly of Sig, is there one that would be best for this?

Depends on how small you want to go. The P238 is a nice choice that operates very similar to a 1911. The P239 is highly regarded. I really like my two P228s, but they aren't really "compact", even though they conceal very well. I'm intrigued by the new P938 as well.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Welcome to the family! A German made 226 was my first handgun ever. Bought it from a cop. He had two layin' around, so I adopted one of 'em.

But I carry a Glock now.

I better duck...

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Not to thread jack, but I'm looking to get a small CC gun. Since you all think so highly of Sig, is there one that would be best for this?

Murph, you can't go wrong with any SIG. The newest two subcompacts from SIG that I've been eyeing and wanting to get my paws on are the P250 and the P224.

The P250 is a double stack polymer frame that contains a removable firing mechanism. The firing mechanism can be interchanges between 3 calibers(9mm/.357/.40 or just the .45) and 3 sizes (subcompact, compact, and fullsize). Basically what that means is if you buy the subcompact and decide you want a fullaize laying around the house for home protection, you just buy the frame and upper parts and have them shipped straight to your door. From what I gather it takes about 2 minutes or less to switch it to a different gun.

The P224 is looking like my next buy. It is essentially the subcompact version of the P226/P229 platform. It was developed like the Glocks. It will use only the new version of the P226 magazines. What this means is that if you carry a new P229 or P226 with that as a backup you will only need to carry one type of magazine.

If you're looking for something with proven reliability over the years, conceals well but atill gives you a bit of grip to hold onto look into a surplus P6/P225. I carry one everyday and even though it's a compact it conceals well. I can actually hold the P6 in my front pocket and if it weren't for the weight, it would almost disappear. The downside to this platform is the fact that it's a single stack magazine which holds 9 rounds (8+1).

To the OP, welcome to the family. I'm looking for my next one as we speak, I need a subcompact or a fullsize. The 3 fullsizes I'm considering are the P250, P226, and a surplus 9mm P220. I drool everytime I see one of those for sale and then I check the bank account hoping and dreaming.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Murph, you can't go wrong with any SIG. The newest two subcompacts from SIG that I've been eyeing and wanting to get my paws on are the P250 and the P224.

The P250 is a double stack polymer frame that contains a removable firing mechanism. The firing mechanism can be interchanges between 3 calibers(9mm/.357/.40 or just the .45) and 3 sizes (subcompact, compact, and fullsize). Basically what that means is if you buy the subcompact and decide you want a fullaize laying around the house for home protection, you just buy the frame and upper parts and have them shipped straight to your door. From what I gather it takes about 2 minutes or less to switch it to a different gun.

The P224 is looking like my next buy. It is essentially the subcompact version of the P226/P229 platform. It was developed like the Glocks. It will use only the new version of the P226 magazines. What this means is that if you carry a new P229 or P226 with that as a backup you will only need to carry one type of magazine.

If you're looking for something with proven reliability over the years, conceals well but atill gives you a bit of grip to hold onto look into a surplus P6/P225. I carry one everyday and even though it's a compact it conceals well. I can actually hold the P6 in my front pocket and if it weren't for the weight, it would almost disappear. The downside to this platform is the fact that it's a single stack magazine which holds 9 rounds (8+1).

To the OP, welcome to the family. I'm looking for my next one as we speak, I need a subcompact or a fullsize. The 3 fullsizes I'm considering are the P250, P226, and a surplus 9mm P220. I drool everytime I see one of those for sale and then I check the bank account hoping and dreaming.

I love my Sig 1911, imagine shooting butter that can kill people, that's what it feels like. A word of caution on the above, I've heard nothing but horror stories about the 250's from Sig. They were designed to be modular and work with multiple calibers and they do this but I've heard that because of this and depending on the caliber you choose to use with it you might encounter issues with fte's and ftf's. I have no personal experience with this but I've not read a single positive from the 250 and most would probably back me on that, that they've not read much positive about it. IMO there are better Sig options anyway and unless you're specifically looking for a modular firearm I'd stay away from one.

R.G.Gray

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    I've had a Sig229 for several years and recently bought a Sig 1911 Tac Ops. Love them both. :draw:

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    I love my Sig 1911, imagine shooting butter that can kill people, that's what it feels like. A word of caution on the above, I've heard nothing but horror stories about the 250's from Sig. They were designed to be modular and work with multiple calibers and they do this but I've heard that because of this and depending on the caliber you choose to use with it you might encounter issues with fte's and ftf's. I have no personal experience with this but I've not read a single positive from the 250 and most would probably back me on that, that they've not read much positive about it. IMO there are better Sig options anyway and unless you're specifically looking for a modular firearm I'd stay away from one.

I've shot just over 600 rounds through my 250 SC and FS and have had literally no ftf or fte. Not one. I've shot craptastic remanufactured unjacketed rounds, Speer 115gr fmj, Winchester 145gr wad cutters, and gold dot +P hollow points.
    Makes me wonder how to train for a ftf or fte. >.>

I would recommend the 250 to anyone.
    :twocents:

Last edited:

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I shot my 220 this week and it was awesome. My 1st 5 shot were touching- only 5 because that is all the instructor let us shoot. The first night was pretty slow to account for all of the 1st time shooters in the class. The 1st long pull in DA mode wasn't bad either. This is a great firearm and I will feel confident carrying it as a duty gun.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I've got a few... 2022, 226, and a couple of Sig 1911s. I'm obviously partial to sigs, but imo they are superior in many ways to most of the other major platforms out there, as far as my needs go.

Top Bottom