• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    Thought I would share this. I've been layed up with a herniated disc for a while now, and thought that stippling one of my grips for the Sig P250 would be fun to try. It turned out pretty good, by no means perfect, but I happy for my first take.

I did something different from what I've seen others do. I didn't stick with one pattern for the whole pistol. I did the back strap and front strap areas in the standard dot pattern. I made the side panels in a checkering design. I wanted something different and unique in its own way.

I took it out this afternoon and ran a mag through and it was really comfortable to shoot. Now I just need to refinish it to make it purty.:)
    INGO1_zps1f758374.jpg

INGO4_zpsb08ef3d0.jpg

1c541693-9a98-4a71-ab69-68bf4cdd61a2_zps03ae6761.jpg

INGO5_zps7e0fd887.jpg

ErickB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Schererville
    Very nice! Looks time consuming :D

How exactly do you stipple? Do you just use something sharp like an x-acto knife, or is there a special tool or technique?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington

How exactly do you stipple? Do you just use something sharp like an x-acto knife, or is there a special tool or technique?
    Most people use a run of the mill el' cheapo soldering iron with small and large tips...most use the small tip.

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN

I have a variable temperature soldering iron with a couple of different tips for the pencil. I set the iron to 600 degrees and start lightly pressing into the plastic. I start in the middle and work my way down each side of the center line. This took 3-4 hours to do this over a few nights.

looks good. can you explain the refinishing process?

Brownells has a ceramic spray paint that seems to be similar to ceracote. I'm going to try it. You heat the piece up to 90 degrees and then paint allowing 5 minuets between coats.

FootLoose.45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    i see thats the first i have heard about that. i did this to my m&p but it still has some rough spots. but i dont want to take some sandpaper or something to knock them down because i think it will dull it out and give it a grey look.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I will just never understand why anyone would do this to their handgun/rifle unless they are a true experienced professional. To me, it looks like that gun got herpes.

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    I will just never understand why anyone would do this to their handgun/rifle unless they are a true experienced professional. To me, it looks like that gun got herpes.

Well your entitled to your opinion. I have 3 other grip assemblies for this pistol and if I ever decide to sell it it won't be a problem. Why should I pay someone who is "experienced" hundreds of dollars for something that is easily done. I haven't received my redistribution check yet so the ability to afford that isn't an tion.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well your entitled to your opinion. I have 3 other grip assemblies for this pistol and if I ever decide to sell it it won't be a problem. Why should I pay someone who is "experienced" hundreds of dollars for something that is easily done. I haven't received my redistribution check yet so the ability to afford that isn't an tion.

Yep, 250's are the ones that the trigger assembly is the firearm, right?

I think I heard Nanos are like that too so you can modify and replace easily if you don't like it.

I'm not really a fan of stippling either but it really does no harm on these particular firearms. It is yours, do what you want with it.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy

No hate hear. Just not a fan of the look or of melting the frame of my guns. If you like it...that is all that matters.

I'm a tacticool fool and some people think my guns look stupid. different strokes for different folks.

A10WEAPONSGUY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    this is one of those function follows form things....works awesome and looks ok. bet that thing won't slip out of your hand ever!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom