• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I’m curious about these “huge” .45 cans? What .45 can is any bigger than its 9mm counterpart? Most seem to be built on the same tubes as the 9mms. The only difference I saw, with a quick google search, was an inch difference in the “K” configuration on some.

Yhm sidewinder 45 is large marge

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    You'll be disappointed on a pistol. It's heavy and loud on pistols. Get a Mask

I have a Sparrow and an Oculus, on a pistol using standard velocity ammo both sound great and never experienced the FRP that the Sparrow is "known" for (I don't run HV ammo in pistols though, just SV so it's the same ammo for pistols and rifles)

When using my Guardian yeah it's easy to tell it's a cheap piece of aluminum, but the Sparrow sounds great

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I’m curious about these “huge” .45 cans? What .45 can is any bigger than its 9mm counterpart? Most seem to be built on the same tubes as the 9mms. The only difference I saw, with a quick google search, was an inch difference in the “K” configuration on some.

I think it depends on the manufacturer. Also, when a company makes centerfire pistol suppressors in a "series" (think Tirant, Octane, Obsidian, etc)then the 45 caliber version tends to be a tad longer and a tad heavier due to the extra length but remain the same diameter. For example my Tirant 45 is 2 inches longer and 2 oz heavier than the Tirant 9

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

The Sig SRD45 is a tad bigger than the SRD9. It's a whopping 3oz heavier and 0.7" longer. Unless you had them side by side, however, I doubt it'd be noticeable.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The Sig SRD45 is a tad bigger than the SRD9. It's a whopping 3oz heavier and 0.7" longer. Unless you had them side by side, however, I doubt it'd be noticeable.

Length wise probably not noticeable. But 3oz hanging off the muzzle end? DEFINITELY noticeable.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    There's no short answer, because things change.It all depends on how much do you shoot on each caliber and what your intended use for them.22LR is low pressure, low velocity, which can be built with softer materials at lower volume. All 22 cans need to be disassembled periodically for cleaning, rimfire rounds can pack up a can with very fast. 223/5.56 is high pressure, high velocity round, requires higher alloy and bigger volume cans. But, 556 is LOUD, will always be LOUD. I have 4 556 cans, because back then that's 90% of all the shooting I did.I later bought 2 22 cans and the 3rd is pending. Ever since my boy started shooting last year, 80% of time I'm at the range, we are shooting 22's.My suggestion is, get the SilencerCo Hybrid.
    IMG_7724.jpg
    That is a serious amount of crud. Wow.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I finally got around to setting up my NFA trust yesterday, and I can't say enough good things about Silencer Shop. It cost around $130 to set one up through them and they are extremely helpful. Only took about 20 minutes to fill out the stuff online and have them send me the paperwork to look over and get notarized.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    do you have to get a tax stamp for every can?

Every suppressor, every Short Barreled Rifle, every Short Barreled Shotgun, every Any Other Weapon that you manufacture, every AOW that you transfer (but it's $5), every Destructive Device, every Machine Gun, and on and on and on. But a MG that has a short barrel doesn't need 2 stamps. The MG "trumps" the barrel. There are more nuances, but that's the jist of it.

Top Bottom