• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I am ready to buy a suppressor and have been thinking about the Silencer Co "Hybrid." Does anyone have any experience with this model or own one. Would this be a good suppressor for me? I would be using it on a 9mm PCC, a .300AAC w/ a 10" bbl., a 5.56 w/ a 7" bbl., 9mm and .45 pistols and carbine length 5.56 / .223 AR's. As I understand it can be used with all of these. Is there a minimum bbl. length required with any of these? Is there a better suppressor in the same price range that would be available for purchase before 41F takes affect? Thanks!

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Lots of discussion on the one size fits all can, google is your friend as is AR15.com (and others).

In general, one size fits all:
    +, one size fits all
    +, one tax
    -, length and weight penalties
    -, suppression levels
    -, lots of mounts to buy

Caliber specific:
    -, more taxes
    +, shorter / lighter
    +, better suppression
    +, can suppress more than one gun at a time
    -, more $$$

Lots of smart guys suggest 3 cans to start; .22 can (covered), .45 can, .308 can (working on it). This is the way I'm going, your situation may be different.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have no experience, but I took this route. I would suggest locating one ASAP, before the laws change. I located a dealer in January who could get one and it just arrived at his store last week. However, I did get to hold it and it is very light, as it's described in literature and videos. I'm going to shoot it next week and will give you an update.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ready-first-suppressor-silencerco-hybrid.html

Top Bottom