• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    PSA is out of stock a lot. They are a good bang for the buck, and they sell out a lot.

Also.....it's an election year and people are starting to freak out. Depending on what happens, there could be a lot of things out of stock.

Also, Judge Scalia just died. He may be replaced with a liberal justice that could swing the votes to the liberal side of things.....again, people are starting to freak out and buy ar stuff.

Political turmoil = lots of sold out ar15 stuff and high prices.

Yup, I'm going to end up waiting around till all these good deals dry up from the panickers. Lol
    Sorry for the hijack.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Skip the m&p sport. Get the aero precision stripped rifle and throw your own stock and grip on it. It's a hell of a lot nicer rifle.

That, or save up a few extra bucks and get a 6920, spikes, etc...

Pretty fair advice here.
    You'll get what you pay for. You'll really enjoy shooting the AR and spend your money wisely. A couple hundred more will get you a rifle that will last a long time.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Aero sells an almost complete rifle. All you have to do is install a stock and handguard. Doesn't get much easier than this. And it's actually a decent rifle. I'd take one of these over anything else in this price range (including s&w and Rugers offering) every day of the week and twice on Sunday. At least you get a BA barrel and mil spec BCG with the Aero OEM rifle.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...gth-16-rifle-sku100-018-335-81838-174289.aspx

i had not seen that before. That's a heck of a deal on a quality barrel. Lower is just fine and it lets the user decide on a rail and sights that fit their needs. Good post!

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    Armalite Eagle-15 .223/5.56 AR-15 Rifle 15EA01 : RK Guns

Armalite Eagle for $499 + $9.99 shipping. No transfer fee if you ship to your local Rural King. For what you want to do, grab a detachable handle with the rear sight for $30 and a few mags and you're done. I just completed my first build. If you aren't ready to do that, no problem. Buy one, read up on maintaining it, and have fun. After the new wears off, you'll have a better idea of what you really want. You will already have a complete lower, so if you want a different upper, you can order that without going through an FFL.

attachment.php

My wife saw the pink furniture at a gun show a few years ago, so guess what I got to do.

attachment.php

I just got done with this one. I attached the upper to the lower I built, my DPMS AP4, and my wife's Olympic Arms lower, No problem.

sweendogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    My dad has a PSA and it has been great for him since he bought it back in 2010/2011. He got quite a bit for his money.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Do the classes cost anything to attend? It would be a drive for me but it would be worth it!
    Dont pay $20 to learn how to assemble an AR . There is a ton of FREE information on how to do it. If that doesnt work for ya PM me . I have The need tools and I'll give you a hand for FREE

NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    For a complete rifle, the Core 15 can be caught on sale @ Rural King for $550 or less. To build one cheaper and better quality, PSA and watch videos on assembly. PSA Have complete upper assy so you won't need special tools and the lowers are easily assembled with normal hand tools.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Have you ever assembled an upper? It's easier than a lower, and doesn't require special tools...

Well.....a vice block helps. But if that's your deterrent, well maybe building AR's isn't for you.

For a complete rifle, the Core 15 can be caught on sale @ Rural King for $550 or less. To build one cheaper and better quality, PSA and watch videos on assembly. PSA Have complete upper assy so you won't need special tools and the lowers are easily assembled with normal hand tools.

NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    seedubs, I was speaking of barrel nut to upper being an issue with first time builders. Most first time builders probably don't own a upper vise block or a Wheelers combo tool. Along with gas block alignment, matching proper length gas tube, etc can deter someone from wanting to build their first AR from scratch. Yes, I have built several in my lifetime.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If a $15 vise block and $15 armorers wrench (which they should already have from building their lower with castle nut) is keeping them from it, you're right, they should just buy an upper. Buying the right length gas tube to match your barrel and making sure your gas block is on straight so your BCG doesn't hang up on the tube inside the receiver is something a toddler could do.

Seriously.....building an upper requires less tools and is easier than building a lower. People are just scared about it because it involves a barrel and bolt carrier group.

seedubs, I was speaking of barrel nut to upper being an issue with first time builders. Most first time builders probably don't own a upper vise block or a Wheelers combo tool. Along with gas block alignment, matching proper length gas tube, etc can deter someone from wanting to build their first AR from scratch. Yes, I have built several in my lifetime.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I picked up the Mossberg MMR under $500 on sale at BUDS as my first AR. I've put 7-800 flawless rounds down range so far and love the gun. It doesn't have a forward assist or a chrome lined barrel but does come with a free float quad rail and iron sights.
    I have never seen one local however...just throwing that out there.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    A local shop has an m&p 15 on sale for $569 right now. Pull the trigger on it or wait and see what's at the Indy 1500?

That's not a bad price at all for an M&P 15.
    Probably be hard pressed to find a better deal on a factory built rifle.

RickyG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    That's not a bad price at all for an M&P 15.
    Probably be hard pressed to find a better deal on a factory built rifle.

Went and picked her up today. Can't wait to go shooting with it. My plan is to upgrade here and there over the next year and eventually end up with 2 ;)

If anyone is interested in picking one up, Wrigley Firearms on Lima rd. has them for $569 until Wednesday

Top Bottom