• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I picked up my first AR15 today at the indy 1500. It is a DPMS model A15 in 5.56/223. I am excited to go shooting tomorrow. Also picked up a remington 22lr. It looks just like the rifle my dad had when I was a kid. First gun I ever shot so I got that one more for sentimental value than anything else. New to the AR field so I got alot of learning to do. Sure I will be asking you guys for some help. Thanks in advance. :rockwoot:
    2011-10-21_20-59-24_146.jpg

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I will admit there were some tempting ARs at the show today. Enjoy shooting it! Glad you were able to find something with some sentimental value. Always priceless when you find it.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I haven't seen one of those Remington 22's since my Ex-Wife took off with the one I gave her.;) It was always a fun gun to shoot.

Congrats on your purchases!

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I do not know much about optics on a AR either but I found these Mark III Tactical P4 Sniper 3-9X42/Scope Adaptor Mount/Red Dot Combo Package and decided to go with them for starters. I paid 775 even for the rifle with one mag. Looking around looks like it was a pretty good deal. Along with the optics I also ordered a forward grip. I do have a scope on my AK47 right now that will be easy to switch over so I can shoot tomorrow. And the stock is collapsible.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    As a side note to my post I looked everywhere for the INGO booth so I could pick up some cool stuff. It was nowhere to be found. What was up with that guys?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    What was up with that guys?

From this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...scussion/173305-october_2011_indy_1500_a.html

Guys just a quick note about INGO and the October 1500.

We've decided to sit this show out and not set up a dedicated INGO table. That weekend is tough for most of the Mods, and we've decided to delay our new swag launch in an effort to add a few more items to our current selection. Look for those items at the January show.

In the meantime, you can still stop by and say hi to INGO Mod VUPDblue who will be camping out with Cwood and Indiana Supply Depot. He will have some of the last current swag items on-hand, but you'll have to request them specifically. He will have a few shirts, hats, patches, stickers, and chamber flags. Get 'em before they're gone for good! :ingo:

ei5uys.jpg

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Congrats! I also just recently got into AR family (recent, as in two days ago. Received my upper from CTD on Thursday, lower is still in transit to Beech Grove Firearms). Meant to get an AR-10 at first. I shot an FAL a couple months ago, loved the caliber, but hated the weight. But then I learned Colt supposed to release their SP901 soon, I want to wait and see if it's cheaper than Armalite (DPMS also have 308, but not much cheaper either so I'd rather get an "original")...

The upper I got is a CMMG 14.7 with permanent hider. I want my gun to *look* like what the soldiers are using. I wish I could buy the whole rifle instead of upper and lower (couldn't find one on Buds or CTD), as it'd come with at least a mag or two, and a carry handle/rear sight. Now I have to buy these and pay extra. Just bought a cheap UTG carry handle, and a couple Pmags with window (heard that Pmags are the best), and a Cammenga 30rd Easymag (it looks like a smart design, and also cheap, too)...

Top Bottom