• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Ok guys I am new to guns. Bought my first one about a week and a half ago. Springfield XD9 4" Bi-Tone with night sights. I took it to done guns on sunday to shoot it for the first time, about 100rds. I have posted pics of my target below. Be gentle on your comments I have not shot a gun in about 6 years and that about only 2 mags way back them.

2010-11-21_21-44-39_853.jpg

2010-11-21_21-40-15_185.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I think to you did a great job! Lots of holes in the paper and that is what matters. You have a nice pistol and plenty of mags. Overall a great starting point.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm calling WIN, because I'm assuming every hole on there was precisely what you were aiming at... JK. For you situation, I say it looks nothing but nice. Keep it up. :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I shot at dons guns and I though it was had to see the different circles, I thought the ally was kinda dark, any suggestions to help at dons or suggestions of any other ranges around Indy

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Welcome to INGO and congrats on the XD. Don't drink the glock koolaid bro, it's bitter. Do you have tight sub moa groups,no, is the bad guy dead as hell, yes. Enjoy your new toy, put hundreds of rounds through it, get comfortable with the grip angle and if you have the funds, take a defensive pistol class. I would like to encourage you to shoot in a few local shooting sport matches.

and to follow the crowd..STAY THE **** AWAY FROM DON"S GHETTO GUNS

hidesert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    I say great job. I recommend you get a .22lr pistol to train yourself more cheaply. Then I recommend you buy another gun, and another, and another.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats on a great gun and on getting to the range. Nothin beats time spent a the range! :D Good shootin too, it would get the job done :yesway:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Good job on your first time out. The bad guy would be having a very bad day with that shooting. Two suggestions:

1- Dons has by far, not even close, no kidding, the worst reputation around. Avoid it like the plague. Since you are on the west side, Eagle Creek Pistol Range and Marion County Fish & Game are in your area and are far better choices. The only downside is that they are outside ranges which limits them in the winter. Just ask and you'll be able to find someone to give you a tour of either.

2- I highly recommend getting some handgun 101 training. There are a number of excellent trainers in Central Indiana and on this board. Getting proper training before you ingrain bad habits will help you in the long run. Proper training isn't just about marksmanship, but will also educate you about the gun itself, safety, legal issues, etc.

Looks like a good start. Welcome to INGO!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Looks like a great effort for the first time out. This is one situation where practice is actually fun!! As said above, get the training course. Practice. Enjoy!

Welcome to INGO. Great folks. Very knowledgeable. Willing to help others learn.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Nice Pistol and welcome to :ingo:

Looks to me like you only missed three times, so that's 97% hits!

That doesn't mean you should relax though, owning (and carrying) a gun is a huge responsibility, so keep practicing, and get some self-defense training. It will REALLY change your mindset about how to use the gun more than "well I can hit a little circle from 20 yards when I'm standing still and can take my time"

Seriously though, great job!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The three flyers obviously mean there is something wrong with that pistol. I recommend you sell it to me at a firesale price. :D:D

Seriously, nice little shooter you have there. I love my XD(m) and think you made a good choice. Your target says (and no, sir, targets don't lie) you have a good base, but need practice. (as we all do) But, with time and lots of rounds, you'll get it. Slow down, keep you eye focused on the front sight while focusing your mind on keeping the front sight on the target and squeeeeeeeeeze that trigger, dude! Soon you'll be putting the entire box of ammo within 8", keep it up and you'll bring it down to 5" and so on....

:welcome: and have a ball.....do keep in mind that you have just taken your first step toward a wonderful, fun, and very very addictive sport....:):

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    No need to be critical of yourself. As with many other things practice will make you a better shot. In a self defense situation as long as you can hit center mass you have a high chance of surviving. The bag guy is not going to care if you shoot a super tight group.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Looks like a dead bad guy to me. Practice makes perfect, and with guns practicing is really fun.

sertboy354

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Lafayette, IN
    Looks great for your first time for a time where you are fighting for your life you would have got the job done i so good job all your shot we in center mass keep up good shoting

theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    Maybe try opening your eyes next time... Just kidding.
    No really another criminal stopped.
    Nice piece, Nice start!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom