• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Went to the range with my Ruger SR9c for the first time today. I'm impressed with how accurate I could be (at VERY short range) for a first time shooter - giving the SR9c ALL of the credit. Went through over 100 rounds. Not a single misfire. That included 50 TulAmmo steel jacket. This is FUN! Can't wait to go again!

Last edited:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    No kiddin'. Bought my first gun a week ago today. Now I'm browsing gun store sites looking for a second. I figure I'll have a collection before the year is out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No kiddin'. Bought my first gun a week ago today. Now I'm browsing gun store sites looking for a second. I figure I'll have a collection before the year is out.

Congratulations. It's a fun but expensive hobby. And your collection will never be complete without the next...

Lemmitt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    New Albany

Lol congrats on the new hobby, but you are picking an expensive time to build a collection. Keep an eye on local gun stores and the classifieds...that is where you will find the deals

MCrupe

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Kendallville
    I felt the same way after I bought my first gun I wanted more but the cost of ammo was a little off putting. So I bought a 22LR pistol for plinking and I was pleasantly surprised with its performance. Plus you can get 22lr really cheap almost anywhere you go usually $18-$22 for 525 rounds

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    SR40C owner here. So far the same results here as well. Looks like Smith, Springfield, and Glock may have a polymer competition. Nah, I'm just kidding.
    But seriously, it comes with adjustable sights which not many handguns have and it has a attachment rail. AND it's lower priced that all the others in it's class. Ambi. safety and mag release. I'm more accurate with the SR than my 1911.

Many hate it though because of the thumb safety and chambered round indicator. It doesn't bother me because I'm used to having a thumb safety thanks to the 1911's and the chamber indicator doesn't even get in the way for me when looking down the sights. Look at it this way, when in low light situations, you can just feel for the indicator. It all comes down to preference.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    SR40C owner here. So far the same results here as well. Looks like Smith, Springfield, and Glock may have a polymer competition. Nah, I'm just kidding.
    But seriously, it comes with adjustable sights which not many handguns have and it has a attachment rail. AND it's lower priced that all the others in it's class. Ambi. safety and mag release. I'm more accurate with the SR than my 1911.
    Many hate it though because of the thumb safety and chambered round indicator. It doesn't bother me because I'm used to having a thumb safety thanks to the 1911's and the chamber indicator doesn't even get in the way for me when looking down the sights. Look at it this way, when in low light situations, you can just feel for the indicator. It all comes down to preference.
    Honestly, I'm glad to have the thumb safety. I chose the SR9c over an XD, in part, for that reason. And I like the chambered round indicator. i don't understand those that don't. What can it hurt??

I'm very impressed with the SR9c. i've put 270 rounds through it now, with zero failures. I will definitely own more Rugers.

He is hooked!!!!!!!

Indeed!!!! I'm prolly going to pick up a cheap .22 next. Just to plink with. Then a .45 (SR45 or SR1911), and after that, a revolver. After that, who knows...

dangar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    I also visited the range yesterday for the first time with my Ruger SR9C. I will second your comments...accurate, no failures going through 100 rounds of Remington UMC and Winchester White Box. Started out shooting a little low, but thanks to the adjustable sights, that was quickly resolved. Beautiful day and only two other people on the range. 60 degrees in January...hard to beat.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Welcome. And nice first gun. You'll enjoy it for many years to come.

Now work on getting a pump shotgun for deer/birds, a home defense shotgun, an over/under shotgun for clays, semi auto rifle in .223 and .308, a varmint rifle for anything up to coyotes, a larger bore rifle for anything up to grizzly, a .44 mag revolver in case you get into bear country, a .40 or .45 full size pistol, a .38 pocket pistol, and what collection is full without a 1911?

Not to mention, get yourself started on reloading :)

Stuff gets expensive fast. I think I've spent $3k or more in the past 5 months easily.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Welcome. And nice first gun. You'll enjoy it for many years to come.

Now work on getting a pump shotgun for deer/birds, a home defense shotgun, an over/under shotgun for clays, semi auto rifle in .223 and .308, a varmint rifle for anything up to coyotes, a larger bore rifle for anything up to grizzly, a .44 mag revolver in case you get into bear country, a .40 or .45 full size pistol, a .38 pocket pistol, and what collection is full without a 1911?

Not to mention, get yourself started on reloading :)

Stuff gets expensive fast. I think I've spent $3k or more in the past 5 months easily.

Like most everything I do, I figure I'll have a pile of money in it before long. Haven't looked at rifles much, but I know I'll start to before long.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    Honestly, I'm glad to have the thumb safety. I chose the SR9c over an XD, in part, for that reason. And I like the chambered round indicator. i don't understand those that don't. What can it hurt??

I'm very impressed with the SR9c. i've put 270 rounds through it now, with zero failures. I will definitely own more Rugers.

Indeed!!!! I'm prolly going to pick up a cheap .22 next. Just to plink with. Then a .45 (SR45 or SR1911), and after that, a revolver. After that, who knows...

I wouldnt expect any failures any time soon with the sr9c. I had mine absolutely filthy from shooting and carrying and the damn thing just kept on tickin. They really are great guns :yesway:

Top Bottom