• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Breed0930

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Franklin, IN
    Okay guys/and gals, kinda new to this. However Im looking to get a Glock 23. I would like to ask any previous or currant gun owners on this model how they feel about it. Would also like to start a debate on maybe why I shouldn't go with this gun/model and any personal preference on another direction I should go?? This will be my first .40 or .45... want to make it a good one! THANKS yall. :draw:

Cmustang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Indy
    Pros:
    Super reliable and simple to operate
    Readily available parts,and accessories
    Customizable almost infinitely
    Interchangeable parts access. And mags
    Very accurate in the right hands

Cons:
    No positive safety (could be an issue for newbies and/certain households)
    Relatively plain lines/design they are not flashy show guns
    Heavy triggers (these can be changed cheaply though)
    May not be suitable for hand loads...some preppers take this serious. Glocks sometimes,don't react we'll to sub standard ammo which in some situations could be dicey

With that being said glock was my first gun (I now have several) and if someone said pull one out that you know will go boom....that's the one I'm reaching for. As for the caliber?....I would get the .40 as u can get barrel conversions to 9mm cheaply and those are two mainstream available calibers that will be readily available if the SHTF. Good luck!!!

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Have you shot one and how did it fit/feel? When I was shopping recently I got a lot of good advice from people on here. I actually ended up buying something that wasn't even on my original list. Handle and fire as many different guns as you can. I have learned that there are a lot of very strong opinions here. In the end goes with what feel right. You'll know it when you find it. And welcome.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The subjective is objective. Matters not what we think, it matter if you like it as you will be shooting it if you like it.

1. Find a pistol you like.

2. Buy multiple copies.

3. Buys lots of magazines, maybe a boxcar full to start.

4. Go to school. The more educated you are, the more your selection of hardware will change. Allow your software (your knowledge) to drive your hardware.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I say that because when I sold guns, I'd always see the guy trying to force the wife into a gun he wanted with it being obvious she couldn't/wouldn't handle it well

nb1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Columbus
    For what its worth a Glock22 was my first handgun have been very happy with it. I preferred the full size but to each their own. The G22 was the first one I looked at checked many others but more I looked the more I liked the Glock.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Never really gave glocks a second glance till about a year ago and a guy at work had a G23 that he wanted to sell. The price was right so I had to get it.
    My hands are not that big, but it seemed to fit me pretty well. I took it out to the range after about a week and really liked the way it shot. Because it had a big honkin' light hanging under the barrel it became my new nightstand weapon (the old S&W 39-2 went into safe) and I am very pleased with it. I don't carry it because not long after that I fell into a G36 in .45 that I couldn't pass up and now that is what I carry. They aren't pretty but I would always recommend one to anyone who asked.:twocents:

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    You said this would be your first 40 or 45... What model of 45 are you looking at? As for the G23, great gun, very accurate, ultra reliable, good ammo capacity. No real cons in my opinion

Top Bottom