• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Today was really my first time carrying. I just wore a tshirt with an undershirt and my Glock 19 in it's Dale Fricke Archangel. I up the undershirt over the gun, because this made it seem less noticeable. I kept having the urge to adjust the grip of my gun because I felt it was sticking out. Any tips?

P.S. I did go through the Starbucks drive-thru. Does that count as "sticking it to them?" :rockwoot:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Once you carry your gun more you will get used to it being there. Readjusting the grip is normal for the new gun toter. Also being overly worried about concealment is normal as well. Trust me, nobody notices and those that do don't care.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Roger that on "nobody notices". The lack of situational awareness most people have concerning their surroundings is nothing short of astonishing. I'm pretty much "textbook sloppy CC": unbuttoned/untucked shirt 2 sizes too big over a t-shirt (I'm not fashion-conscious), G26 in an OWB holster. It takes a while to get used to it and find a method of carry that works for you.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I got a question the other day about my holster. Went something like this: Noticed you are carrying a full sized 1911 that is for the most part concealed. What kind of holster is that?

So maybe I am not the best person to give advice.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I was very conscientious about it when I started. Pretty soon you'll just run a belt through it, and carry on without a second thought. Then if you don't have it on, you'll feel naked.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Today was really my first time carrying. I just wore a tshirt with an undershirt and my Glock 19 in it's Dale Fricke Archangel. I up the undershirt over the gun, because this made it seem less noticeable. I kept having the urge to adjust the grip of my gun because I felt it was sticking out. Any tips?

P.S. I did go through the Starbucks drive-thru. Does that count as "sticking it to them?" :rockwoot:

No. They asked us not to bring guns into their stores and you obeyed their wishes. :D

As everybody else said on the other part, you'll get used to it. :yesway:

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    Once you carry your gun more you will get used to it being there. Readjusting the grip is normal for the new gun toter. Also being overly worried about concealment is normal as well. Trust me, nobody notices and those that do don't care.

+1 to this. Only those who carry seem to notice.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    1) Good for you!!! Carrying a firearm for your / your family's protection is a BIG step and a MAJOR commitment.

2) What / How you carry is up to you & it sounds like you have a solid choice on "What" ... I've not seen or used the holster you're using, so I've no opinion. I have found some firearms easier to CC with an untucked t-shirt than other firearms. Also, location of your firearm is important when it comes to the grip "sticking out". Example - I can't appendix carry for this reason, so I'm more likely to carry somewhere else that's within a normal reach and DRY PRACTICE my draw stroke to clear my CC garment for a smooth draw. *I'm a Husky / Fluffy 265 @ 5'8"*

With time comes the realization that most civilians are oblivious to your firearm, so long as you attempt to CC. Those of us that carry firearms sometimes can tell if someone else around is carrying, but we're normally not the ones that will "Out" you in the open. *gun show is different, IMO*

Truly, one of the best things you / your family can get for you is TRAINING... I thought I had a clue, then I attended some basic training last Spring to see if I could trust the instructor with my wife. Turned out, I learned several things I was doing wrong. Not only did my wife attend one of his classes, but I continued to attend his classes, plus have seeked out even more training... and I've been carrying for 15 yrs...

Feel free to PM me if you want specific info on anything...

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Normal n00by nerveous jitters. Your gun is not slipping or moving near as much as you think.

In fact, you need to make a consious effort to ignore that - touching something in the waste band is one of the most common 'tells' for people who may be trying to spot you.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i use remora holsters for my CC guns, and while they stay where i put them i don't always initially put it in right place for my activities, especially driving. so yes, some times i readjust. i use my wrist as its less conspicuous.

that said, if i'm in my own town running errands and such i'll usually carry my full-size g22 and there is an obvious bulge at about 4o'clock.... however i don't much care if i'm printed. if i need to be discrete i have other guns that serve that purpose.. mostly my keltec P32.. if i slip it in my pocket and place my money clip/front pocket wallet next to it... hell i forget its even there.

Top Bottom