• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paxton383

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    Liberty
    i was the same way when i first started carrying, making sure it wasnt visible about every 5 minutes it seemed like, went through several holsters and now found a good comfortable one, i dont always have my gun on my body but i do always have it in my truck no matter where im going.

indyoshi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well... I got my LTCH in 24 days from being mailed and I took my Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm to the store the other day just to see how it felt carrying. I have a cheap holster and it wasnt very comfortable, but it was nicely concealed and even under jsut my t-shirt you could barely see it, and not at all after I put a jacket on.

I love my sig, but I think I am going to look for a nice kimber compact 1911 for my carry weapon. the sig is sub-compact, but I really want something that packs the same or more punch and is smaller. Not to mention I just love the looks of Kimber but would like to shoot one a few times before making a final decision.

It did feel a little wierd and when walking around I kept bumping it with my arm to make sure it was there... of course it wasnt going anywhere, but I felt the need to overdo the double checking...

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    I usually wear a Desantis pro carry otw holster in the winter with a flannel shirt over it sometimes in the summer also with a hiwaian shirt or similar or depending which gun the XD sub I used a desantis tuck this IWB in the summer

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    So I get home from trying out my girlfriend's new XD with her last night and what do I find in my mailbox? Yep, my brand new LTCH! Man, am I excited. Considering I never even fired a gun until last Sunday, it's a little crazy to think that I can grab my keys, wallet, and 9mm on the way out the door. Very sobering, yet very cool. I haven't decided if I actually want to carry it on a daily basis, but I suspect that as I get more comfortable with my new hobby (lifestyle?) I'll find myself carrying a handgun from time to time.

Celebrations aside, I want to hear about other people's early experiences carrying a gun. Tell me about what it was like, what you learned, or what you wish you had or hadn't done the first few times you carried!
    Congrats on getting you LTCH.Not trying to rain on your parade but,by what you posted you have very little training with a firearm.Do yourself and everyone a favor and get some more practice and training BEFORE you start to carry a firearm.:ingo:

Mkidwe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have been caring a firearm for the last five years and it is a great deal of responsible, not only do i have have my own life on the line but all those around me. When i first started caring I was full of excitement, but now I am alarmed about how much danger we are faced with. I carry for protection only. I do not crave excitement, and I pray that I will never have to use it, but if I have to I am ready.

Top Bottom