First time I had to draw my handgun (in this state)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dark-Mark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Casteton
    As for the brandishing & threatening - since the OP called the police and stated his actions I'd say he is OK since they didn't really seem to care :dunno:

the cops did not care because there was not a victim. I am not saying there was not a crime because there was. but is the guy at the door going to go court i dont think so. But i agree he should have stayed IN the house.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    As for the brandishing & threatening - since the OP called the police and stated his actions I'd say he is OK since they didn't really seem to care :dunno:

the cops did not care because there was not a victim. I am not saying there was not a crime because there was. but is the guy at the door going to go court i dont think so. But i agree he should have stayed IN the house.

So did you read this entire thread and thought it was a good idea to reactivate it? How did you find it?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Still haven't seen the part where the "girlfriend's boyfriend" actually did anything illegal, or wrong. Other than showing up at the OP's door at 2:30 in the morning. Which would make be a bit 'cranky', as well. :laugh:

"Feeling" threatened and actually being threatened are two very, very different scenarios.
    Wrong. In fact, the common 'justification' for defending oneself is "I felt my life was in danger." That, or someone in your purview.

Even if the OP thought his girlfriend was threatened, she apparently did not, so if he draws down on the guy.
    Wrong. As the specific person under the purview of the gun-holding defender may not realize their life is in danger, but the gun-holder does.

... When a man pulled into my driveway in what appeared to be a FedEx truck... I drew my .45 ACP Smith & Wesson M&P on his chest and shouted, "STOP RIGHT THERE YOU SCUMBAG HITMAN!"... I think that I just saved my own life.
    Feeble attempt at sarcasm aside, ironically enough, just several years ago in Munster, IN., a man was murdered by a hitman posing as a FedEx delivery man.

Had THAT homeowner suspected something was 'fishy' and drew his ".45ACP Smith & Wesson M&P", he might well be alive today, rather than a murder statistic. Fail.

Except, I CAN make an absolute statement that "pointing a firearm" at another person is ILLEGAL!
    And, the LAW IS black and white!
    Except, the law is not "black and white". It is only illegal IF it is not justifiable.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Groundhog-Day-4.jpg

Top Bottom