• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I have to go on the 5th of February for jury selection. If picked it will be my 5th time in the last 12 years. I am not happy about it at all. Means i will have to eat up my vacation time or take a huge pay cut due to the fact they pay a sh*tty $40 per day.

Just say "I believe paid experts are nothing more than whores whose testimony can be bought by the highest bidder." That exact phrase got a guy dismissed when I went. As soon as he said it the judge said "ok then. You can go." For a civil case. Don't know about criminal.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just say "I believe paid experts are nothing more than whores whose testimony can be bought by the highest bidder." That exact phrase got a guy dismissed when I went. As soon as he said it the judge said "ok then. You can go." For a civil case. Don't know about criminal.

Lol. Thats a good one. Unfortunately the first 4 were all civil cases. I may be more intrigued if i got a criminal case

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    It was the first and only time I have been called and served. I actually found the whole process fascinating. Just didn't agree with the final outcome. But agree that a criminal trial could be more interesting.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Of course my wife was wondering what in the world was going on... No cell phone communications during the proceedings etc.
    Being on a jury is a great learning experience if it does not interfere too much with the rest of your life.
    My wife was wondering even more. While I was sequestered overnight for sentencing, she received a letter from the Red Cross that same day. I had given blood a week or so before and the phlebotomist drove the needle through a vein and into the nerve behind. No fun, and it may have given them what they wrote the letter about - a positive result for syphilis. So, while I am incommunicado, my wife gets an official letter that I have syphilis. Timing is everything.
    Another letter arrived a few days later saying it was a false positive - too late to defuse the storm I came home to after jury duty. Fortunately that blew over, but the nerve damage lasted for several years.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom