First time listening to NPR... disgusted.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Put me down as another that used to listen to it all of the time. Their progressive bent just seemed to get worse with every passing year, so I left.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    so are you saying they didn't have a protest? Im confused how this is not news?

Did they cover the pro-2d A rallies in Albany after the SAFE Act was passed? Those were far more substantial. I'm guessing it was crickets...

It's news to somebody. So is a kitten getting rescued from a tree by firefighters. A lot of things happen on any given day. If a 'journalist' decides to run with it, then it's news. Or, like art, news is what the 'journalist' spits on.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    It's news to somebody. So is a kitten getting rescued from a tree by firefighters. A lot of things happen on any given day. If a 'journalist' decides to run with it, then it's news. Or, like art, news is what the 'journalist' spits on.

1000 people marching on the Brooklyn Bridge over a current hot button issue is somehow the same as a cat being rescured from a tree? Or is it only not news when you don't like the story?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

The NPR story you cite covers NY discontent with the law, NOT the Albany rally in particular. Got another one from the national newscast?

A local NPR affiliate briefly noted the rally. Okay...

Kind of like saying WISH-TV and CBS nightly news are one and the same, but it is the same network...

1000 people marching on the Brooklyn Bridge over a current hot button issue is somehow the same as a cat being rescured from a tree? Or is it only not news when you don't like the story?

How Many Moms Marched Over The Brooklyn Bridge? | The Truth About Guns

Yeah, it's the equivalent of kitten-rescues. It's an astroturf group, bought and paid for, staging protests with nice media tie-ins. My Middle-Eastern Poli Sci prof (talking about Egypt) referred to this practice as 'rent-a-mob', where people were bussed in by the government (no Bloomberg in Egypt) to stage huge rallies, and demonstrate popular support for the government. Of course the demonstrators appreciated getting the day off, and had no idea what it was they were demonstrating for.

I'll give the Moms credit. I won't give the media credit, however, for not doing its homework on this bunch. And is this the best Bloomberg's $50 million can buy?

So is a rent-a-mob news? Should lawmakers be paying attention to Bloomberg's ploy for self-salvation at all? We'll have to agree to disagree.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    The NPR story you cite covers NY discontent with the law, NOT the Albany rally in particular. Got another one from the national newscast?

A local NPR affiliate briefly noted the rally. Okay...

Kind of like saying WISH-TV and CBS nightly news are one and the same, but it is the same network....

Ahhhh.....so the local New York NPR is gun friendly, the rest of them are gun grabbers, I get it. FYI the second link is anger over the law on the national page. I think you want NPR to be more anti-gun then they are so you can justify your hatred. It's funny that it bugs you so much.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    To another poster, Greg Garrison, not Garrison Keilor.
    Tried to listen, but gave up. He's a zealot with patriotic sounding military music (did he serve?). He thinks everyone else is a pinhead...

Thanks. Keillor is funny, but he's pretty far left. I listened to PHC for many years and even read a few of his books.

I can't recall ever listening to Greg Garrison.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Garrison Keillor?? Far right??

If a person thinks Garrison Keillor is "far right", it makes me wonder if that person is a direct descendant of Marx, or one of Barrack Obama, Sr.'s illegitimate kids.

On NPR, I listen to "Cartalk", "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me", "This American Life", "The Moth", and "Prairie Home Companion", sometimes others.

I enjoy music, but for windshield time, I prefer discussion. To balance the NPR, my current favorite podcast is "The Adam Carolla Show". You might think of that as the opposite of NPR.

Top Bottom