• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    If you are that worried about racial profiling, maybe you are more racist than they are. :dunno:

Yeah, right. Because there's no such thing as racism anymore. I heard that ended in the 60's & all those people who are treated differently because of their skin/religion/sex/national origins are the ones who are truly to blame since they just can't let it go & are just looking for some kind of free ride.

:rolleyes:

Insert purple wherever you feel it necessary.

I think the world has changed enough that you're more likely to be profiled for OC than ethnicity.

I guess you haven't been out and about in the real world very much have you?

Heck even here on INGO we have those types of threads that pop up on occasion giving the truth to the lie that says "racism doesn't exist".

There are plenty of threads (or used to be before they cracked down on them) showing the racist tendencies of people here. And with the "tea party movement" I think that racism is becoming even MORE acceptable to a certain segment of society, not less.

I'll tell you what, when it come to people talking about Carmel, take it with a grain of salt. Carmel has it's rep, and I'll admit at one point it was probably pretty factual, but those days are well past... at least with the vast majority of officers (nothing is 100%).

I think the above is just your perception that things in Carmel have changed for the better over the years.

Where is YOUR verifiable facts to prove that your BELIEF is real?

See how that works? ;) I'm just sayin'...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You can't call a person a liar if what they honest believe (verifiable or not) is the truth.
    I'll tell you what, when it come to people talking about Carmel, take it with a grain of salt. Carmel has it's rep, and I'll admit at one point it was probably pretty factual, but those days are well past... at least with the vast majority of officers (nothing is 100%).
    Want a good story. Well a young whte woman who works here was accused of racism by a guy she arrested. The guy made a big deal about it, got a slick lawyer, and expected us to fold like a house of cards and issue some sort of payout. Well, the lawyer and the guy come to the PD, media in tow, all ready show how CPD is racist.... They got as far as the Lt that met with them. When they told him their intentions, he said... "racist? really? I wonder how her black husband and two biracial kids deal with that."
    They all scurried out the door with their tail between their legs, and of course that story never sees light of day.

Believe me, I am not saying all Carmel cops are racist/classist, I am just telling you my personal experiences. I am sure it has gotten better over the years.

Love the story BTW. I have a biracial son and love it when people call me racist without knowing me just because I am a Conservative etc. Sadly, some people still say "lots of parents are racist against their biracial children". You just can't win with some people eh?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, right. Because there's no such thing as racism anymore. I heard that ended in the 60's & all those people who are treated differently because of their skin/religion/sex/national origins are the ones who are truly to blame since they just can't let it go & are just looking for some kind of free ride.

Heck even here on INGO we have those types of threads that pop up on occasion giving the truth to the lie that says "racism doesn't exist".

There are plenty of threads (or used to be before they cracked down on them) showing the racist tendencies of people here. And with the "tea party movement" I think that racism is becoming even MORE acceptable to a certain segment of society, not less.

I think the above is just your perception that things in Carmel have changed for the better over the years.

lol, trust me.... ;)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Really? Perpetuating the lie that the Tea Party is racist? I expected better from you.

Those pesky racists Herman Cain, Allen West, Alveda King etc, how dare they!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Really? Really?:dunno:
    Words fail me.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I guess I need to clarify:

I didn't say that the tea party was a racist organization or that all tea party members were racists. Just like not all Democrats or liberals are anti-gun or Republicans or conservatives are pro-gun.

But you have to admit that it does tend to draw many with racist tendencies.

Tea partiers are mostly white, more religious & more to the conservative end of the political spectrum. Conservatives tend to be more "tough on crime", anti-immigration, pro-"kill em all if they cross the border" types which leads to less tolerance of those who are different & more racist views. Conservatives tend to be more racist. Liberals tend to be less racist (for balance I'll just throw in that liberals also tend to be more anti-gun & conservatives tend to be more pro-gun) but that doesn't mean they all are, or even that the great majority are, for that matter.

That's why I said that, along with the growth of the tea party movement, racism among some segments of society is more acceptable.

If I have to bear the burden of the liberal steroetype that we're all communist anti-gunners then I guess the tea party has to bear the burden of the conservative racist stereo-type.

I'm doing my personal best to change that liberal stereo-type. Maybe the conservatives (including the majority of tea party members) need to try to do a better job in changing their stereo-types, too.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

I didn't say that the tea party was a racist organization or that all tea party members were racists. Just like not all Democrats or liberals are anti-gun or Republicans or conservatives are pro-gun.

Tea partiers are mostly white, more religious & more to the conservative end of the political spectrum. Conservatives tend to be more "tough on crime", anti-immigration, pro-"kill em all if they cross the border" types which leads to less tolerance of those who are different & more racist views. Conservatives tend to be more racist. Liberals tend to be less racist (for balance I'll just throw in that liberals also tend to be more anti-gun & conservatives tend to be more pro-gun) but that doesn't mean they all are, or even that the great majority are, for that matter.

That's why I said that, along with the growth of the tea party movement, racism among some segments of society is more acceptable.

If I have to bear the burden of the liberal steroetype that we're all communist anti-gunners then I guess the tea party has to bear the burden of the conservative racist stereo-type.

I'm doing my personal best to change that liberal stereo-type. Maybe the conservatives (including the majority of tea party members) need to try to do a better job in changing their stereo-types, too.

No, I don't "have to admit that it does tend to draw many with racist tendencies." because that is a stereotype, with little to no basis in fact. Both Gallup and CBS polls/surveys show the Tea Party has a racial makeup pretty close to the US overall percentages. Blog after blog has been written by minorities attending Tea party rallies to see for themselves what goes on there, and overwhelmingly they are positive stories.

"Conservative tend to be more racist"
    . Really? More unfounded stereotypes with no factual basis.

“Racist” Tea Party/GOP elect more minorities then Democrats

“Racist” Tea Party/GOP elect more minorities then Democrats | Free State Revolution
    http://www.examiner.com/conservativ...tea-party-patriot-be-racist-my-kids-are-black

I am sorry, but for those stereotypes to be accurate, one has to believe that Allen West, Herman Cain, Alveda King, the National Black Republican Association, and all of the Hispanic, Asian and African American etc Tea Party supporters, speakers, and attendees are all blindly supporting an organization that "draw many with racist tendencies.".

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Not to mention, your justification is akin to saying: "nah nah nah, they do it, so can I". Just sayin.. :D

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

TOTAL FAIL!
    Taxed Enough Already Party has nothing in common with any of your words.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    No, I don't "have to admit that it does tend to draw many with racist tendencies." because that is a stereotype, with little to no basis in fact. Both Gallup and CBS polls/surveys show the Tea Party has a racial makeup pretty close to the US overall percentages.

Really?

Which CBS poll are you referring to?

This one?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20002529-503544.html

The one that says that the Tea Party is ~90% white & only 1% black?

Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States#Race_and_ethnicity - from Wikipedia) it shows that only 74% of the US is white & almost 13% are black. I don't see how that makes the Tea Party have "a racial makeup pretty close to the US overall percentages".

The above CBS article shows that they are older (30% over 65 - I have a father & father-in-law that are very racist - it was more acceptable back in their generation), more southern ('nuff said there) & their views on race aren't anywhere in-line with Americans in general.

"Conservative tend to be more racist". Really? More unfounded stereotypes with no factual basis.

“Racist” Tea Party/GOP elect more minorities then Democrats

“Racist” Tea Party/GOP elect more minorities then Democrats | Free State Revolution
    Who's racist now? Not the Tea Party or Republicans - Reno Conservative | Examiner.com

Um...OK so there were more elected THIS election cycle. What about overall? What overall percentage of liberal politicians are minorities compared to the conservative ones? How many were there that were running on the liberal side compared to the conservative side THIS TIME?

You can't pick ONE event & claim superiority based on those results. What matters is consistency over time.

There have only ever been 6 members of the Congressional Black Caucus that have been Republicans. 6! Ever! Two of which were in the last election.

There has been only 4 black senators. 3 of which were Democrats.

How many openly gay politicians are there in the republican party? Very few I'm sure.

For example, here is a breakdown of the 112th congress:

women: 67 democrat 36 republican
    black: 42 democrat 2 republican
    hispanic: 22 democrat 9 republican
    asian: 12 democrat 1 republican
    gay: 4 democrat 0 republican
    Native American: 0 democrat 1 republican

http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/R41647.pdf

Except for Native Americans it doesn't look like the republicans fare too well in the minority department. I can't see how locally the results would be much different.

So to brag about the 8 republican minority politicians elected in this round rings very hollow. Nice try, though.

I am sorry, but for those stereotypes to be accurate, one has to believe that Allen West, Herman Cain, Alveda King, the National Black Republican Association, and all of the Hispanic, Asian and African American etc Tea Party supporters, speakers, and attendees are all blindly supporting an organization that "draw many with racist tendencies.".

Well, I'm sure there were quite a few Jews who supported the nazi's as well. Not that I'm comparing the tea party to the nazi's. I'm just using that to make the point that just because a minority person (or persons) supports a political movement it doesn't mean that the political movement doesn't have anti-minority leanings.

Who knows why people support any cause that may be inherently against their own best interests?

Kind of like why poor white people support the republican party? The world may never know.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    TOTAL FAIL!
    Taxed Enough Already Party has nothing in common with any of your words.

Wow, you sure proved me wrong. :rolleyes:

I'm in awe of your debating skills. ;)

Seriously. Which words? All of them?

If the tea party had taxes as it's ONLY agenda I could almost agree with you. Unfortunately that's not the case.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Not to mention, your justification is akin to saying: "nah nah nah, they do it, so can I". Just sayin.. :D

Not at all. I'm not saying that all tea partiers are racists or any other form of bigot.

Unlike the huge numbers of people on this & other conservative tilted boards who lump every liberal in together & call us all communists & anti-gunners. Even I have been called a traitor for my fairly moderate (but still left leaning) views.

I have no problem saying that some conservative ideas are good for the country but you'll find very few conservatives (if any) that can admit the same about any liberal ideas. They're too busy spewing forth invectives at us to admit that we actually have some good ideas too.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

There are plenty of threads (or used to be before they cracked down on them) showing the racist tendencies of people here.

To add some support to my above statement I found it interesting that I coincidentally found the following quote in another very recent thread.

Probably something along the lines of "This is *, mofo tryin' to make a mofo'n dollah and some mofo wanta be all up in my face, fool lucky I jus 'membered I goss a dr appointment else I might hafta jack him up"!

Because we all know that black criminals never have good grammar…Right?

Why don’t we ever see people mocking white criminals on these boards like they do the black ones?

And not one person in that thread called him out on his fairly obviously racist post. What does that tell you?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    i dress normal and consider myself clean cut if by clean cut you mean regular haircut and shaved face then yes. but the racial profiling is what worries me.

I find a friendly smile at everyone and eye contact is the best way to put everyone at ease. And I do hold doors for folks.....always seem to get a nice thank you and a smile even when I am OCing.

Twiggsx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Indy

To add some support to my above statement I found it interesting that I coincidentally found the following quote in another very recent thread.

Because we all know that black criminals never have good grammar…Right?

Why don’t we ever see people mocking white criminals on these boards like they do the black ones?

And not one person in that thread called him out on his fairly obviously racist post. What does that tell you?

I happen to agree

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I noticed that too, but ket it slide because it wasnt worth the "storm" that would undoubtedly follow if someone questioned it.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

:hijack:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    You can open carry as long as the establishment doesn't have a notice up saying that you are not allowed to. Does this include banks?

:dunno::scratch::n00b::alcoholic::horse::facepalm::nuts::wallbash:

(Choose whichever may apply)

What he's referring to, Doty, is that in IN signs don't carry any legal force except possibly under VERY limited circumstances. That includes banks.

This has been hashed over many times here on INGO & the general consensus is that just because a private business has a "no guns" sign you can't be arrested for carrying there, you can just be asked to leave.

Top Bottom