• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Not at all. I'm not saying that all tea partiers are racists or any other form of bigot.

Unlike the huge numbers of people on this & other conservative tilted boards who lump every liberal in together & call us all communists & anti-gunners. Even I have been called a traitor for my fairly moderate (but still left leaning) views.

I have no problem saying that some conservative ideas are good for the country but you'll find very few conservatives (if any) that can admit the same about any liberal ideas. They're too busy spewing forth invectives at us to admit that we actually have some good ideas too.

...but you are still saying basically the same thing. "I have to put up with stereotypes, so you have to".

Perpetuating stereotypes because you are stereotyped? How about refusing to stereotype as an example to others not to stereotype. Seems more productive that way..

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    ...but you are still saying basically the same thing. "I have to put up with stereotypes, so you have to".

Perpetuating stereotypes because you are stereotyped? How about refusing to stereotype as an example to others not to stereotype. Seems more productive that way..

But I didn't do that at all.

I said "conservatives AS A GROUP tend toward racism". Which is true.
    THat is a far cry from saying that ALL conservatives are racists. It's like saying that conservatives AS A GROUP tend toward being very religious, or being anti-gay, or against welfare. Which are all also true. Would you so vehemently argue that I was "stereotyping" by saying those things, too, or do you just have a problem with only what many consider negative associations?

"Stereotyping" is treating others differently based on some preconceived idea. I try really hard not to stereotype (verb). I'm not always successful (since I'm only human) but I think I do a pretty decent job of it.

Mecacate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    South Side Indy
    Well, the reality is that unless you are in a police or security uniform, ocing scares people. I prefer ccing as it adds the element of surprise ( causing a momentary delay with the attacker ) should I ever need to defend myself. JMHO

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, the reality is that unless you are in a police or security uniform, ocing scares people. I prefer ccing, because in theory, [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] it adds the element of surprise ( causing a momentary delay with the attacker ) should I ever need to defend myself. JMHO

FTFY

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well, the reality is that unless you are in a police or security uniform, ocing scares people. I prefer ccing as it adds the element of surprise ( causing a momentary delay with the attacker ) should I ever need to defend myself. JMHO

:): I must be doing it wrong. I guess the only ones I've scared are those bad guys you'd rather surprise.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    But I didn't do that at all.

I said "conservatives AS A GROUP tend toward racism". Which is true.
    THat is a far cry from saying that ALL conservatives are racists. It's like saying that conservatives AS A GROUP tend toward being very religious, or being anti-gay, or against welfare. Which are all also true. Would you so vehemently argue that I was "stereotyping" by saying those things, too, or do you just have a problem with only what many consider negative associations?

"Stereotyping" is treating others differently based on some preconceived idea. I try really hard not to stereotype (verb). I'm not always successful (since I'm only human) but I think I do a pretty decent job of it.

My problem is with your statement: "conservatives AS A GROUP tend toward racism"

You state that as unequivocally true, I dispute that statement as an incorrect stereotype.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Only tea partiers can be racist? What NAACP? There are far more racism on the left but it's acceptable to be bigots there.

I not amused.

Looks like we also have acceptable forms of profiling here?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Only tea partiers can be racist? What NAACP? There are far more racism on the left but it's acceptable to be bigots there.

I not amused.

Looks like we also have acceptable forms of profiling here?

I don't think anybody is calling the Tea Party fully racist. And racism exist everywhere. I'm sure I could find "good upstanding" members of my church that would qualify, but of course that doesn't make the whole church racist.

Top Bottom