• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I finally got time out to the range today with the GSG 1911-22. The results were very satisfying. The gun seemed to be somewhat all over the place till I fired approximately 80 rds thru it then it really settled down to some excellent accuracy. New barrel maybe ? Not really sure but it's on now. A little fiddling with the front and rear sight to get it dialed and here's the results.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGboTP15Zdg[/ame]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nothing like a day at the range. Had a GSG .22 and traded it. I miss it. Straight shooter.
    Think I will fry up some Bacon...............MMMmmmmm....life is better with Bacon

bccorvette

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Reddington
    I have shot one of these and i really liked it. Always shot strait for me. The accuracy supprized me too. Oh yea, and i can tell you they can go a looooong time without cleaning them and still shoot excellent.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Very nice! I've put around 250 rounds through mine so far, I took it apart Friday and cleaned it just so I would know how it came apart. I'm a fan for sure of the gun, pure and simple fun!

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I probably should note that the gun did not like the Remington Golden's. They fired and fed well but the accuracy was not up to par. The CCI's on the other hand were excellent.

The Main spring housing is definitely getting changed out because the curved factory MSH just does not fit my hand well so i think a flat one will fit the bill better.

menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    The full length guide rod is a great upgrade. I wouldn't own a GSG without it! If the factory rod goes, it can take the bushing and plug with it. These guns are amazing, but I've seen them puke their guts out onto the range after they switched to the molded guide rods.

Stringtown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    I like the looks of the GSG 22 and have been thinking about getting one. Where did you get the replacement full lengh guide rod?

Last edited:

blitzen25cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    south east indiana
    I've had mine since March of 2011 and have over 1000 rds of Blazer through it with no problems.I just wish that it came with two mags. I have some Ruger old model single sixes-Colt Woodsman and a Smith & Wesson model 41. All are great pistols and unique to themselves. best regards from southeastern indiana:ingo:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've had mine since March of 2011 and have over 1000 rds of Blazer through it with no problems.I just wish that it came with two mags. I have some Ruger old model single sixes-Colt Woodsman and a Smith & Wesson model 41. All are great pistols and unique to themselves. best regards from southeastern indiana:ingo:

Good to hear! I enjoy shooting my old Single Six as well, but this gsg is fun!! Hello from another south eastern hoosier. :ingo:

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just ordered a flat mainspring housing for the GSG 1911-22. I noticed at the range that sometimes if i really wasn't paying close attention that I was having trouble depressing the grip safety due to the curved mainspring housing making it somewhat difficult to position my hand correctly.

I also ordered the correct mainspring cap pin for the housing since I was informed the GSG factory pin is not the same and will not switch over to a standard housing.

I'll report back after i install the MSH and get it to the range but my research on the net shows it's a nice iimprovement for easier access to the grip safety while gripping the gun.

Top Bottom