• ...and so much more!
  • zerocool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Indy Northside
    Hey guys,

New to the board and look forward to being a part of the group. Attended the build party over the weekend and learned alot.

I am starting to get into skeet shooting and want to buy my first over under. I really like the Beretta Silver Pigeon I and the entry Citori but I would be dropping about $1900-2000.00. I hate to go over $1200 but am looking for other suggestions. I have heard bad things about the Stoeger and Savage. They don't look bad but I wonder how they will hold up.

Should I spring for the Beretta or Citori or can anyone recommend something closer to $1000-1200?

Thanks for the help.
    Zero

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I can't speak of the Beretta but do have a Browning Citori Lightening that is my absolute favoritist shotgun. I've used it for pheasants, trap, skeet and sporting clays. It did great at all of them. Maybe that's because if fits me so well. I even prefered it over a Browning Special Trap for shooting trap.

My personal preference is to stay away from the el-cheapo over/unders.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There are quite a few of the older 680 series Beretta and Citori Browning shotguns on the market. You can also find Remington 3200's. The Winchester select was made in Belgium for only a few years until currency exchange rates ruined the price/market. All of these can be found in good condition for about $1200 or less.

One thing to watch, a lot of really good guns do not have interchangeable chokes. A trap gun will typically be Full choke upper, and Improved modified lower barrel. A skeet gun will be skeet over skeet choke. A field gun is sometimes full over modified and upland game guns are modified over improved cylinder, so make sure you are buying the gun that fits your needs if you are getting a fixed choke gun.

Reid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I happen to know where a good used 12 gauge traditions field hunter with 28" barrels is for sale... If interested send me a message...

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I paid about $800 for my SKB 585, and it's been my only hunting shotgun since. Doves, ducks, geese, pheasant, quail, rabbit, and even a hog. I've stripped it and camoflaged it myself with spray paint, it's been in pouring rain and dropped in the drink. Last time on a sporting clays range, I shot an 85 of 100.

SKB Shotguns

Top Bottom