• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris387

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Just south of Indy
    So I went trap shooting today for the first time. Had a pretty good time. I rented a shotgun there and shot two rounds. I forgot to keep track both times, but I'd say I broke around 10/25 on both rounds.

I made a couple of beginner mistakes like forgetting to chamber the round (if that's the correct phrase) one time before yelling "pull", and forgetting to put my earplugs in at the start.

So this is something I'm definately going to repeat, and eventually when I learn a bit more get my own shotgun.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indeed, they are very good people. I bought my aimpoint t1 through them and they have supported the VFW in the summer convention books for the last 2 years. If you ever do business with them, make sure to thank them for the support of the Veterans.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    It's fun isn't it? I went to Atterbury last weekend and shot trap for the first time. It was great. How much did IGC charge to rent a guns? I'm close by and may need to check it out.

BTW my shoulder is still bruised from last weekend :)

Chris387

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Just south of Indy
    $5 for an all-day rental

There was a couple times when I don't think I had it planted properly in my in my shoulder. My shoulder doesn't hurt now, but when I was there it felt a bit sore. Of course I have nothing to compare it too, but I think the stock might have been too long for me.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    ^^^ Indeed. I was checking them out as I waited.
    So I know that serious trap shooters have high-end trap guns. Can you find those at any ol' gun store?

Indiana Gun Club the is best place for Trap Guns. Best value/deals are the used guns. IMHO, serious trap shooters shoot Trap Guns; Trap Gun doesn't equal $$$$$. After you get the basics covered you're paying for Brand Name and Bling. I know a guy that spent 6K on replacing the stock on his gun. It was very nice wood, but it didn't add anything to make the gun shoot better.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    He speaks truth^^^^. I have a couple Rem 870s with different barrel lengths that I use and it's just for fun for me. Definitely a good time. I'm still not all that great. But I started right where you did. Glad you enjoyed it, definitely a good place to go. Shoulder may bruise a little, no big deal. It's just a reminder to shoulder it right the next time. They also have skeet and sporting clays there. Have fun and enjoy it, don't worry about the $27,000 gun in the cabinet.
    What gun did you rent? I have rented the Beretta 3901 20ga from them before.

Chris387

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Just south of Indy
    I didn't get a choice with me rental, but I didn't ask either. It was a pump-action, that's all I know. Next time I go I'll have to pay a bit more attention to things like what shotgun I'm shooting and how many targets I broke.

Top Bottom