• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    Me too. I am using a single stage press and don't shoot a lot so being able to load up 300 rounds or so per week keeps me in ammo for the most part.

I charge a tray at a time, dumping out the powder and re-checking weight every 10 rounds and I scan each charged tray with a bright light to check powder level. Check OAL at beginning of each loading session. Gage check every round as mentioned, toss in Rubbermaid container for the range.

I'm not sure what causes the "bulged" cases I see once in awhile in other people's rounds but I don't seem to have that. My nephew and brother load on progressives and most of their round have the bulge. Doesn't affect chambering but looks kinda funny.

Glocks cause bulged cases

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Glocks do indeed expand cases more than other guns. I suspect their larger chambers play a role in their exceptional reliability. If you run multiple brands of gun, your life will be easier if you keep the brass that you run through a Glock separate from the rest.

It is not easy to load a round that won't chamber in a Glock...but it is possible and I have done it.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Glocks do not have a fully supported chamber and that is why they bulge brass.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    The inside of my sizing die was flared. The flare made it easier to align and faster to operate. However, it also meant that even when I adjusted it to touch the top of the shellplate, it didn't size the very bottom length of the brass (where bulging tends to occur). I switched to a different sizing die (without the internal flare) and the problem went away.

Top Bottom