First visit to USDS-will not be my last.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gundog60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    South of Indy
    The very first thing upon entry into the store I was greeted by a large white dog-which is OK with me as I am a large, white dawg myself:): and after it sniffed the rifle case I was carrying for a couple of seconds it gave me the once over and went behind the counter. From there the humans took over and I was greeted and asked How they could help me today? Setting the rifle case upon the counter I revealed the nature of my problem-a loose after market receiver cover that was not allowing the red dot scope mounted to it to hold true.
    Matt checked the breech/chamber to verify the weapon was cleared and upon seeing it was we began our chat. I rapidly realized his validity about the location of the scope mount was always going to be the weakest link in the weapon configured as it is. The heavy recoil will be constantly jarring against the receiver cover and battering away at the zero setting. We discussed a side mounted rail and then moved on to turning the weapon into a "black rifle". Swapping out the fore end wood for a more aggressive looking assembly-manufactured right here in Indiana- and ditching the thumb hole stock as well for a pistol grip and a black synthetic stock.
    Other customers had filtered into the store and as we were at a point of me mulling over how beastly Mai Ling would look all dolled up tactical like -Matt excused himself and went to assist them.
    The point to this long winded tale is they are great people, customer service is a top priority, and living less then five miles away from their front door they will become my LGS. It is time well spent to drive to the Southside and see what these guys have to offer and are all about.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They're good people!

They (TAT7 + the attractive young woman...ahem) even sold me an oversized safety button for my 870.

AND I got a Krispy Kreme doughnut for my trouble!

-J-

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've never been there but i'm going to try soon, I only ever hear good things. I see a number of gun stores with dogs, I like the one at Big Daddy's. It probably shows the whole 'no guns in gun stores because of insurance' thing is just BS. I'd probably consider a dog as much of a liability as a gun carrier even though neither are realistically.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Elevated Arms
    Top Bottom