• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShawnAgne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2016
    Versailles
    Hello wanted to give everyone an update on how the first weekend matches went.
    Saturday was a 3x600 and we had 40 shooters signed up. 1 of our 7 targets was on the fritz so we had to move shooters. Once we started the match things went smoothly but then we had an issue with the S3 server which is a new server we are testing for SMT. We had to load the calibration info into the individual targets (should have done this before hand) but once this was completed the match ran smooth. Towards the end we had issues with targets 2 and 5 and they went down. This was later found to be error on our part of the setup NOT related to the targets themselves. Even though we finished with 4 targets everyone had a good time.

Sunday was a 3x1000 and we had 20 of the registered 29 shooters show up due to the rain. The system ran MUCH better as we had fixed the issues from Saturday. There were still some issues with the Kindle's where they would stop working but it was later discovered that this was due to a setting in the Kindles that will turn off the wifi.

There are a couple of other issues we are working on with the SMT folks but overall the impression of the system was VERY positive.

Any questions please let me know.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I had been planning on going, but had been fighting a cold/cough/nastiness for a while and had little hope of it being gone in time. Wow, 40 shooters!
    I guess some bugs are expected. Hope you get it all worked out, and not just because I plan on making the next mid range and long range.

ShawnAgne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2016
    Versailles
    Barry,

The issue with target 3 has been fixed, it had a bad board in it. So that issue is fixed. I will be testing the server issue this weekend.

ShawnAgne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2016
    Versailles
    Barry,

The issue with target 3 has been fixed, it had a bad board in it. So that issue is fixed. I will be testing the server issue this weekend.

And an update to the update, Kevin Hill and myself tested the repeaters for the targets along with the S3 server for signal strength. Found out of the the 7 repeater radios the one that is the S3 is the least stable and the weakest. SO plan is to turn another one into an S3 and give it a try. So that could be part of the reason we had issues with the S3. Kinda nice to be able to test stuff in the house.

Top Bottom