• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    well, we got the fishing poles out for the first time yesterday and headed out to the retention pond in our backyard. we had a pretty successful day. We pulled out 22 or 23 bass and the first two crappie that we have ever pulled out of the pond.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    LOL , Nice crappie... Put a Beard on that young man and he would look just like his daddy... Nice pics and great family time... Nice !

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I was able to go fishing today so I got my kayak out and went to small strip pit pond. I didn't see any small fish like blue-gills or anything else swimming around. I used a jig with trailer and no bites. I tried to use a jerk bait and didn't get anything and no bites on a square bill shallow crankbait. I'm thinking the bass and other fish are still in winter mode. But if it stays half way decent the next few weeks I'll try to go out again.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Went yesterday. Pulling a spinnerbait off the edge of the very large ice flow that was still on the lake. Also tried running a medium depth crank bait. Didn't catch anything but saw a few signs of life, and all the gear worked, which is a good thing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good looking family HamsterStyle!

Saturday 03.21.15 2:00ish:
    I took a ride down by Lake Lemon. Lots of folks fishing, no rod bending that I seen. I spoke with three separate guys, only one small crappie among them.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    We had all five kids today. 4 did some fishing. They pulled out 20-30 bass, 1 crappie, and 1 shad. They were LOVING bass fishing over the bluegill fishing. I'm not sure that I will ever get them to put a hook and bobber back on their poles. Hahahaha. In between all the fishimg, all 5 kids and myself built birdhouses and birdfeeders. It was a crazy busy day but we got to stay at home, together. I'll take it.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Hamster Style, I love seeing kids having so much fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures, and please keep them coming.

I especially like the youngest winding up to go for distance!!

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Hitting real slow...

Got my first Bass of the season a week ago this past Monday. Got several that day with a 4-41/2# as the best.

Caught a few more @ the same pond a few days ago.

I like to throw a 5" Senko type worm with no weight..Bill.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I love fishing with worms but our pond has so much muck in the bottom seaweed, grass, etc... that anything that hits bottom, gets covered and you spend more time picking weeds off the hook than fishing. So we went to Wal-Mart and picked up a handful of $1.96 shallow running crankbaits. They were pretty successful.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Doing WELL...

I love fishing with worms but our pond has so much muck in the bottom seaweed, grass, etc... that anything that hits bottom, gets covered and you spend more time picking weeds off the hook than fishing. So we went to Wal-Mart and picked up a handful of $1.96 shallow running crankbaits. They were pretty successful.

Yea, looks like your crank baits are working!!

A lot of the ponds that I fish also have a lot of "Bottom Cover" HA HA...If you 'Texas Rig" your hook, it only picks up the trash at the front of the worm. If you SLOWLY keep the worm moving, hardly any trash on your rig...Bill.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I went fishing at a city park in North Terre Haute, the pond where they stock trout in. In March I had success with Kastmaster spoons. Today I tried the Ned Rig for the first time for bass. I didn't catch any bass but I caught three trout and had lots of bites. I think this Ned Rig is going to be fun to use this year. I was using a Z-Man ZinkerZ cut in half on a Gopher jig head with an exposed hook. Hook was red colored. On six pound mono line. Fun to use.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Had the opportunity to go kayak fishing this afternoon. Fished for two hours and no bites on small pond. Tried Texas Rig, Ned Rig and Slider rig. No bites. Then I move to a bigger pond and bank fish for twenty minutes and I caught my first bass this year on the Ned rig!

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Oh yeah! Caught a big bass this evening in my kayak in very windy conditions. After two or three hours of no bites I put on my favorite lure - five inch Watermelon seed Yum-Dinger Texas rigged on six pound Sufix Elite mono line. First I caught a little bass. Then on my last cast in very very windy conditions I caught a really big one, probably from 3 to 4 pounds. Big for me at least. And that Sufix Elite six pound line held up nice. Is there anything greater than soft stick baits for bass? I don't think so!

Top Bottom