• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    i gotta get a new license and im gonna be hitting the river for some night fishing (dang 2nd shift) i usually prefer going around 8pm but i'll try 11pm-3am- ish.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Went out Wednesday to our gravel pit property. Caught and cleaned 12 crappie/bluegill. Tested out the 5 horse for my sons yard art...... I mean duck boat. It was a very good day.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Best fishing of the year began today for me. Each year after ice off and before spawning have 10 days up to a month of great gill fishing sitting in my yard...length of time dependant on weather/water temps. Small ones arrived Sunday & today the nice ones began arriving. 6 of us sitting in 100 feet and all catching on about every cast. Then the wind shifted and intensified out of north X northwest and it ended in minutes. Will start again once weather settles this week end.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    So who's been fishing? Lets hear some reports!

I've been doing a lot of kayak fishing, catching small bass but no big bass. Getting disapointing. I was in my kayak a few days ago trying to use a jerk bait and I tossed it near a bank and I noticed three fish near the surface jumped and then I saw them swim together towards the deep and disapear. They were dark shadows and I have no idea what kind of fish they were but they were long and big looking. I'm not so sure they were bass. I know the strip pit I was fishing on has bass, bluegill and crappie. I don't know if they have carp or catfish. Whatever they were, they looked pretty darn big.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Crappies on the beds look like they are winding down on Lake Lemon. Catching a lot more smaller ones.
    Bluegills (small ones in Lemon :xmad:) are on the beds now and I'm still catching a short fat bass or two, full of eggs.

On a side note, I just received my new Okuma SLV 4pc fly rod and setup today. :rockwoot:

Anxious to do some motorcycle run fishing:
    8165KW4hCqL._SL1500_.jpg

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Nice. After you use that fly rod a few times can you post here how you like it? I've been itching to try a fly rod either for panfish or bass. I didn't know Okuma made fly rods.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Just bought a fishing license.. Hope to use it.. Have not fished for almost a year. Soon I hope, would love to float the river. Anyone up for a dale hollow trip?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I fished Celina, Indian and Saddle a few weeks ago. 14 inch bluegill? My buddy got one in the little pond just past the entrance to the Celina Lake campground.

We were tossing back 9" and under. Had several over 10. We practiced Fillet and Release. 13 big Morels surrounded our campsite. Not another one anywhere else.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I fished Celina, Indian and Saddle a few weeks ago. 14 inch bluegill? My buddy got one in the little pond just past the entrance to the Celina Lake campground.

We were tossing back 9" and under. Had several over 10. We practiced Fillet and Release. 13 big Morels surrounded our campsite. Not another one anywhere else.

Surely you took a picture of a 14" bluegill? Everyone has a camera in their pocket all the time now days, right?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    13.5" Brook Trout. Also have an old copy of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and plenty of firewood by the pit!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      222.3 KB · Views: 17

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    image.jpg Trout are so big here we just shootem' rather then net them. Another 13.5" and he fought considering I took him on my 4.5' St Croix UL rod. I use that rod a lot as a search rod with 1/32 jigs. Caught this guy while looking for Perch.

slow poke jig and kalins paddle tail of some kind. Paddles don't last long with bluegills tearing them up but non issue, worked on this trout and half dozen perch.

Last edited:

phred

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Columbus
    Yesterday was epic fishing day #2 and according to the moon phases it was only supposed to be marginal :rolleyes: I caught over 15 bass with the biggest around 5lbs.

Attachments

• May 11 5lb.jpg
      May 11 5lb.jpg
      80.2 KB · Views: 16

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Gills should be on the nest anytime ? Has anyone been out and had any luck yet ? Haven't had time to get out this weekend, maybe next weekend I will be able to ?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Gills should be on the nest anytime ? Has anyone been out and had any luck yet ? Haven't had time to get out this weekend, maybe next weekend I will be able to ?

They were on early this month. Hopefully back on early next month. I haven't made it to the better bluegill lake yet.

Top Bottom