• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Anyone know of a good, no a really good five round mag for the AR? It is what I use on the bench and I have two and only one works. I need a couple to replace the bad one I have. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Deprime

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Hancock Co.
    +1 to the AR Stoner mag

I have been using a 10 rounder for bench testing for years. Well over 1000 rounds through it with zero issues.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Thanks guys for the information. I ordered some from the Gun Mag Warehouse. I hope that they are as good as they claim.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Good thread! I had a five rounder someone gave me and it was the most used mag in my collection. It was completely worn out and got pitched. Went to a 20rd D&H and like it a lot.

30 rounders reside in a box on a shelf

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thanks guys for the information. I ordered some from the Gun Mag Warehouse. I hope that they are as good as they claim.

Let me know about your experience with Gun Mag Warehouse.
    Ordered on their website, they hit my credit card, they sent me a confirmation email, then nothing. Contacted them, and the order number I had, was someone else's order number. No record of me at all.
    Just waiting to see if the pending charge on my card drops off. The customer service rep offered to do another order for me over the phone, but I'm reticent to have any other dealings with them.
    I will say that their customer service guy is very helpful.
    Just curious how things worked out for you.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    The mags came in the other day. They have worked out great so far. The ones I ordered for the 6.5 Grendel look just like the ones I have. The difference is they work. Thanks for the information.

Now I need to order some 20 rounders.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    The mags came in the other day. They have worked out great so far. The ones I ordered for the 6.5 Grendel look just like the ones I have. The difference is they work. Thanks for the information.

Now I need to order some 20 rounders.

Brownells 20rd mags below at Ammunition Depot for $6.99ea, $13.99 when ordered from Brownells.

AR-15/M16 20-Round Gray Magazine w/SS Spring - 078-000-160

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/...s-magazine-prod71747.aspx?avs|Make_3=AR-15/M4

Top Bottom