• My opinion of banning desecration of the American flag:

• Total voters

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    :yesway:

This internet cowboy stuff kinda makes me want to burn a flag just to get a reaction and see if all you Rambo's out there really posess your self proclaimed balls of personal justice.

Seriously though, who here has actually kicked someones ass for burning the flag? Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon of badass, but who really has and who really will? Will you gladly serve out your prison sentence, only to have your right to bear arms taken away?

In fact, this is my personal challenge to all those who believe that felony assault is a means to liberty. PM me a time and a public place, I'll bring one of those little flags my kid gets at the 4th of July parades, I'll set it ablaze, and we'll see if you proceed to physically assault me.

FTR, I proudly fly the flag over my household. I have a great respect for the sacrifices the men and woman of this country have made serving under the flag. :patriot:

Bottom line.......if you commit a crime to stop someone from doing something that is not crime, you are a crimminal and have just disgraced the very liberties you claim to be defending.

A man is not commiting a crime when when he calls your wife or daughter a whore in front of you. Are you justified in punching him in the face?

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    A man is not commiting a crime when when he calls your wife or daughter a whore in front of you. Are you justified in punching him in the face?

No, I'm not. If words hurt you so much, then you need to work on your self esteem. I normally carry two guns on my person, at least one knife, and a truckload of situational awareness. Physically assaulting a person in public is not on my priority list. If someone called my wife a whore, I'd probably laugh in their face. I could really give a crap. Now if someone laid a hand on my wife, then it's on.

To be quite honest, it's causing me alarm that so many are willing to physically assault a person based on verbal or demonstrative actions. And you guys are carrying guns too. :dunno:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    No, I'm not. If words hurt you so much, then you need to work on your self esteem. I normally carry two guns on my person, at least one knife, and a truckload of situational awareness. Physically assaulting a person in public is not on my priority list. If someone called my wife a whore, I'd probably laugh in their face. I could really give a crap. Now if someone laid a hand on my wife, then it's on.

To be quite honest, it's causing me alarm that so many are willing to physically assault a person based on verbal or demonstrative actions. And you guys are carrying guns too. :dunno:

Just wanting to see if you were consistent

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

This internet cowboy stuff kinda makes me want to burn a flag just to get a reaction and see if all you Rambo's out there really posess your self proclaimed balls of personal justice.

Seriously though, who here has actually kicked someones ass for burning the flag? Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon of badass, but who really has and who really will? Will you gladly serve out your prison sentence, only to have your right to bear arms taken away?

In fact, this is my personal challenge to all those who believe that felony assault is a means to liberty. PM me a time and a public place, I'll bring one of those little flags my kid gets at the 4th of July parades, I'll set it ablaze, and we'll see if you proceed to physically assault me.

FTR, I proudly fly the flag over my household. I have a great respect for the sacrifices the men and woman of this country have made serving under the flag. :patriot:

Bottom line.......if you commit a crime to stop someone from doing something that is not crime, you are a crimminal and have just disgraced the very liberties you claim to be defending.

IBTL I have a feeling this is going to get shut down.

Internet cowboy, ha ha. OK I doubt your going to find anyone stupid enough on the forum to take your laughable bait. I'm not going to go out and hunt down flag burners in some twisted vengeance and I doubt anyone else on here is either. Having the right to do something and doing it without expecting any consequences is another thing. Like the church group that likes to go to the funerals of military personnel and disrupt. I went to the funeral recently for a Marine in speedway and saw those people. Nothing happened, they kept out of the way and under control. I didn't like them being there and nothing happened because they stayed out of it. So I stayed out of it.

Does all this really have to be explained? We are not kids in a play ground yelling at one another. Why do you want to make it a juvenile pissing contest? Take it for what its worth, I stand by what I said.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    IBTL I have a feeling this is going to get shut down.

Internet cowboy, ha ha. OK I doubt your going to find anyone stupid enough on the forum to take your laughable bait. I'm not going to go out and hunt down flag burners in some twisted vengeance and I doubt anyone else on here is either. Having the right to do something and doing it without expecting any consequences is another thing. Like the church group that likes to go to the funerals of military personnel and disrupt. I went to the funeral recently for a Marine in speedway and saw those people. Nothing happened, they kept out of the way and under control. I didn't like them being there and nothing happened because they stayed out of it. So I stayed out of it.

Does all this really have to be explained? We are not kids in a play ground yelling at one another. Why do you want to make it a juvenile pissing contest? Take it for what its worth, I stand by what I said.

I was simply responding to all the violent consequences that some of you seem so willing to dish out. I'm just calling folks out on it. I'm still curious if anyone has actually kicked someones ass as a result of a flag burning. I have never ran around the internet and made bolded statements about dishing out an ass-whooping to someone who is not committing a crime. That's what I'm reading in this thread.

You don't see why this would be a cause for alarm? Now, if you are saying that you would "FEEL" like making some guy "wear his ass like a hat," but you wouldn't actually do it, then I completely understand. But if you would actually physically assault a person who was peaceably excercising their rights, then you are nothing more than a bigoted crimminal that should visit anger management classes instead of own guns.

I'm not sure how I'm making it a "juvenile pissing contest." I am merely observing and sharing my opinion.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    snip.

Internet cowboy, ha ha. OK I doubt your going to find anyone stupid enough on the forum to take your laughable bait. I'm not going to go out and hunt down flag burners in some twisted vengeance and I doubt anyone else on here is either. .......well I would certainly hope not

snip.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Bait? What bait? It was more of an invitation. Laughable?....Hell yes. It was, you know......A JOKE!

:nono: My my, you're an angry little dog tonight;)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I was simply responding to all the violent consequences that some of you seem so willing to dish out. I'm just calling folks out on it. I'm still curious if anyone has actually kicked someones ass as a result of a flag burning. I have never ran around the internet and made bolded statements about dishing out an ass-whooping to someone who is not committing a crime. That's what I'm reading in this thread.

You don't see why this would be a cause for alarm? Now, if you are saying that you would "FEEL" like making some guy "wear his ass like a hat," but you wouldn't actually do it, then I completely understand. But if you would actually physically assault a person who was peaceably excercising their rights, then you are nothing more than a bigoted crimminal that should visit anger management classes instead of own guns.

I'm not sure how I'm making it a "juvenile pissing contest." I am merely observing and sharing my opinion.

I think you are doing significantly more than merely "observing and sharing your opinion", you are stirring the pot, trying to evoke very specific responses. Just like small children do on playgrounds.

Oh I forgot to add its all in fun right?

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good Night groovatron. If you have anything else to share with the class we can pick this up at a later date. Stay Safe, Be Smart....

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I think you are doing significantly more than merely "observing and sharing your opinion", you are stirring the pot, trying to evoke very specific responses. Just like small children do on playgrounds.

Oh I forgot to add its all in fun right?

It's kinda funny how you are so defensive about this. How about trying to respond to one of my arguements? Explain to me how violent felonys are justifiable in the name of a personal opinion? You call them "consequences." Instead of dodging my accusations, try explaining yourself.

Maybe I'm just not sensitive enough for you. I honestly didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Seriously though, who here has actually kicked someones ass for burning the flag? Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon of badass, but who really has and who really will?

Never smacked anyone for burning a flag. I did bust somebody's jaw for calling me a baby killer for defending her however. Does that count?

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I like this and I agree with a lot of what has been said. I wouldn't kick someone's butt for burning a flag. I am as much of a patriot as anyone else, but if there are going to be consequences for that, then where does it end? What about burning a bible? What about a Koran? What about saying they hate the United States? What about saying they hate the sitting president? What about disagreeing with government policy? Where does it end?

People should be able to say what they want...period.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just curious if the flag burners amongst us have preferences on which flag they burn... do you steal them from the old vet down the street. Perhaps you try to get one of those that were draped over the coffin of a returning soldier/marine. Just curious if you get a bigger thrill from burning one type over another.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You missed an option.

You can do it but if I see you I'll kick your @$$ into next week.

Sign me up for that one.

:noway:

But herein is where your argument fails. I cannot violate anyone's rights. It's not within my power to do so. Only the government can violate rights.

As Fletch said in another thread, actions have consequences. The consequence of burning the flag is a swift whoopin. The consequence of administering said whoopin is potentially having to throw yourself on the mercy of 12 jurors. It only takes one patriot to to nullify.

And if there are no patriots on the jury, there was at least the one that did the whoopin. I'm OK with that.

I agree 100%. But that doesn't mean I have to sit and watch without acting. That's not the weight of the government. That's the weight of my boot.

lol. Yes, actions do have consequences, you may want to consider what is going to happen to you when you try to "whoop" someone burning their own personal property. I wouldn't hesitate drawing and defending myself from some lunatic who is attacking me, making me fear for my life, because I decided to burn my own property. Criminal trespass and assault aren't a slap on the wrist, neither is a full magazine.

No.

Never smacked anyone for burning a flag. I did bust somebody's jaw for calling me a baby killer for defending her however. Does that count?

Are you seriously saying that you punched a woman in the jaw because she called you a name? And are you SERIOUSLY bragging about that on this forum?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

edited to remove inflammatory comments, when I realized that your use of the term "her" may have been referring to the flag, and not a woman.

I hope you didn't punch out a woman for insulting you.

Last edited:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

YouTube - VFW Members Duct Tape Flag Burner to Pole

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I didn't serve to protect the rights of those that make us all feel warm and fuzzy. Don't need government for that.

I served to protect the rights of nut jobs like David Koresh to exercise their religious beliefs without having the government mount a military assault on them, and burn their women and children at the stake. To protect the rights of racists like Randy Weaver to peacefully live their lives without having the government murder their breast feeding wives and shoot their sons in the back. To protect the rights of people to burn the Koran or the Bible in protest, though Justice Breyer doesn't feel burning the Koran is Constitutionally protected. To protect the rights of Westboro Baptist Church to defame the Christianity I hold dear with their Satan spawned actions.

I served to protect the rights of ALL Americans, even those I personally despise. And that includes flag burners. If they use the Constitition to outlaw this form of protest, what other free speech might they think needs outlawed?

Top Bottom