• ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Seriously?

Flag Code: Only the president of the United States or the Governor of the state may order the flag to be at half-staff to honor the death of a national or state figure. In addition to the traditional half-staff salutes, the Flag Code mentions the use of our Flag for honoring leading citizens such as Martin Luther King, Jr.

Since when did Mandela become a Citizen?

Obama cheapens everything.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Crispy, I read part of your link and found this.

By order of the President, the flag shall be flown at half-staff upon the death of principal figures of the United States Government and the Governor of a state, territory, or possession, as a mark of respect to their memory. In the event of the death of other officials or foreign dignitaries, the flag is to be displayed at half-staff according to Presidential instructions or orders, or in accordance with recognized customs or practices not inconsistent with law.

Did I misread it? (I've been known to do that on occasion:): )

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If I could put my flag at half-staff, I wouldn't.

Question though: if you have a flag on a fixed pole that attaches to the house, how do you fly it at half-staff?

rollingblock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Morristown, IN

For my part, at the buisness where I am supervisor, I am having staff members lower the flag today to commemorat Pearl Harbor day. It goes back up at midnight tonight. I have nothing against Mandela personaly, but am not going to cheapen our national heros by overlapping the flag being at half staff. Our citizens and military heros come first, something this president has forgotten again.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    If I could put my flag at half-staff, I wouldn't.

Question though: if you have a flag on a fixed pole that attaches to the house, how do you fly it at half-staff?

I agree

Re: Half staff with house mounts. Most mounts have two holders, one that places the Colors at approx 45 angle and the other horizontal to the ground. The Horizontal position is considered half staff

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For my part, at the buisness where I am supervisor, I am having staff members lower the flag today to commemorat Pearl Harbor day. It goes back up at midnight tonight. I have nothing against Mandela personaly, but am not going to cheapen our national heros by overlapping the flag being at half staff. Our citizens and military heros come first, something this president has forgotten again.

I don't blame you. It's your business, your flag pole, your flag, and I think it's great to commemorate the attack on Pearl Harbor.

To my knowledge, Mandela had 0 effect on my life or my family's life. I did not follow his life and career much--I didn't care then, I don't care now.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

:+1:

I see nothing wrong with having the flags at half-mast for Mandela. :yesway:

Of course feel free to do whatever you want with your flag if you dont agree with that.
    The flag code is not the law.
    You can have your flag at half-mast all year around if you want, have it half-mast when your cat dies or you can even have it upside down or do whatever you want.
    It's all covered by the First Amendment. :patriot:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My flag is always flying.
    But now to honor of the passing of Mandildo, I choose to take my flag down altogether.

But I can't do that because It is flying today to remember the loss at Pearl Harbor.

Mandilrod was not a man of honor, he was just the less of all the other evils of that time. :noway:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I don't see a problem, this is a community organizer honoring his fallen comrade. After all if Barrack Obama had a father, he would......Oh, never mind. (insert purple where needed)

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    The liberal news people are saying how he affected everyones life. Well I'm here to tell ya folks, he had squat to do with anything in my life. Although his imprisonment was a mistake, IMO he was a left winger who apparently presided over the decline of S. Africa. Yet the hype of the liberal press will continue.

2ndAMEND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Northern
    The flag has never been flown half staff for the death of anyone who directly affects my life, or any of my loved ones (as most) so who gives a ****. It can be flown that way for Paul Walker and we as a nation wouldn't complain as much..why ? Wed tell ourselves he's a citizen and talk about all the charitable work he's done.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Seriously?

Flag Code: Only the president of the United States or the Governor of the state may order the flag to be at half-staff to honor the death of a national or state figure. In addition to the traditional half-staff salutes, the Flag Code mentions the use of our Flag for honoring leading citizens such as Martin Luther King, Jr.

Since when did Mandela become a Citizen?

Obama cheapens everything.

I love how you only put part of it out there..lol... The President can do it for any dignitary, or pretty much whomever he thinks is cool enough.. Flags are gonna be flown at half mast if Oprah dies while hes in office..Or any other rich black person who supported him. blah,blah,racist,blah,whatever...its the truth...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I love how you only put part of it out there..lol... The President can do it for any dignitary, or pretty much whomever he thinks is cool enough.. Flags are gonna be flown at half mast if Oprah dies while hes in office..Or any other rich black person who supported him. blah,blah,racist,blah,whatever...its the truth...

At least you saved someone the trouble of call you out on it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom