• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've done a search and have not found anything else on this, but it looks like a possible flash mob attack on the canal last night.

Couple attacked by group of teens while walking Canal - fox59.com

The attack seems to be more than just robbery. 5 to 7 african American males attacked a couple along the canal and beat them pretty badly. That really sucks because the canal is a nice place to go on a warm summer evening. I've always carried when I'm in town and this illustrates why.

Odd note, only Fox59 carried the story. The other local channels don't seem to think it was newsworthy.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    This makes my blood boil. We also had an incident in Evansville where two dudes attacked a motorist at a stop light. The guy had his windows open and one guy just jumped in and got him in a choke hold and told him to follow the other dude into an alley. There they beat him pretty badly and stole his cell phone and a couple other things.

Barua

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Eagle Creek
    Damn it. You can't go anywhere anymore.
    The sad part is eventually one of these groups are going to pick someone to attack that will be carrying. Then we will have another Travon Martin media witch hunt...

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    This is one of those stories which goes to show that my situational awareness isn't misplaced even in areas that most would deem "safe". I pay special attention to groups of males in my vicinity whom I feel could possibly become violent at a moments notice, i.e. all of them. An even higher alert level is active in my head during night time especially while out with the lady. It's one thing to need to defend myself, but I'll be darned if I drop the ball when someone else is depending on me to keep them safe as well.

Barua

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Eagle Creek
    This is one of those stories which goes to show that my situational awareness isn't misplaced even in areas that most would deem "safe". I pay special attention to groups of males in my vicinity whom I feel could possibly become violent at a moments notice, i.e. all of them. An even higher alert level is active in my head during night time especially while out with the lady. It's one thing to need to defend myself, but I'll be darned if I drop the ball when someone else is depending on me to keep them safe as well.

Amen. I'm out with my wife and 6 month old baby girl everyday. Stories like this sicken me because I think about how many times we have went out for walks in the evening, sometimes to the canal. I don't want to be a media scapegoat, but I'm not going to let anyone bring violence to my wife and baby. Some thug's life is not even a fraction of a percent as important as my family's safety.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Damn it. You can't go anywhere anymore.
    The sad part is eventually one of these groups are going to pick someone to attack that will be carrying. Then we will have another Travon Martin media witch hunt...

Sad? Not in my book; just deserts is more like it.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    This is why I stopped carrying my 5 shot SP101 and got a 10 shot .40 Sig. It used to be a robbery was 1-2 guys, 3 at max. This flash mob business changes the paradigm. I don't remember this kind of thing happening beyond a year or so ago.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    There's no way, under those circumstances that anyone would fault the shooter.
    Judge: Ahem.. Sir.. why did you shoot the perp(s) 8 times?

Defendant: my 1911 only has an 8 round capacity.

Judge: oh.. ok then.. and what exactly were they doing to make you feel that your life was threatened?

Defendant: Ask them.. oh wait.. they arent in the condition to talk.. they attacked myself and family, what would you have done? called the police? do i tell the bad guys to hit the "pause" button for 8 minutes?

fact of the story, people will undoubtedly associate anyone who has harmed another individual with a firearm as a "bad" person. id rather not bring the whole "zimmerman" part into this thread as it can be discussed in another thread.

Top Bottom