• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Picked up from a friend, who re-shared it from USCCA.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ccm-columns/features/surviving-the-flash-mob/?eedm&id=Facebook&sid=Fan

Good article, I thought, especially the part about usage of a firearm in the midst of a mob scenario, and I liked the thoughts on getting your family to get AWAY from you when you draw your weapon and the shooting starts. I would've thought that putting them behind me would be the best way to go, but now I'm not sure; I guess it depends on the ages of your family. Young kids would probably need to stay close, unfortunately, but if you have older children, you may be better able to have a plan that involves them seeking their own safe area if you ever have to draw.

As far as not using a gun in a mob scenario....I'm not so sure about their opinions. The mob itself is strong, buts individual members are weak...my neighbors brother was approached by a moderate sized gang in New Mexico at one point and accosted; he drew his weapon, and they laughed at him.

Their leader said, "You can't kill all of us with that!"

He responded, "No, I can't.....but I'll kill you first." They backed down and left.

I just know that I would be extremely unwilling to engage myself with even one opponent, much less an entire mob, using nothing more than a knife or kubaton or pepper spray. Seems rather counter intuitive to survival.

Thoughts?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    CC a shotgun with dragon's breath rounds. That'll clear 'em out.

In a mob, many won't know who is shooting but if they're all on the same team, they'll look for the outsider if they don't scatter. If you can separate your family from you, perhaps you could escape the mom altogether? No warning shots either.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    CC a shotgun with dragon's breath rounds. That'll clear 'em out.

In a mob, many won't know who is shooting but if they're all on the same team, they'll look for the outsider if they don't scatter. If you can separate your family from you, perhaps you could escape the mom altogether? No warning shots either.

If the goal of separating your family is to escape your mom...there might be better ways. But this is a new one I had not seen before.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I don't understand why people call gangs of criminals Flash Mobs. A flash mob organizes a dance or a freeze in a high traffic area for entertainment and self-expression, not violence.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Sometimes they use similar coordination methods, if you're charitable enough to call them that; social media, cell phones. I do agree that the term "flash mob" has been hijacked inappropriately, just like "hacker" and "gay".

You can think about it all you want, but when you get in the situation, it's like a car wreck in progress. There are so many variables you just have to flow with it and hope things turn out. I'd tend to back into a corner so no more than two could engage me, and just ventilate them one at a time until they run out of stupid. Carrying 12+1 +14 +14 of .45HP, I can fix a lot of stupid.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sometimes they use similar coordination methods, if you're charitable enough to call them that; social media, cell phones. I do agree that the term "flash mob" has been hijacked inappropriately, just like "hacker" and "gay".

You can think about it all you want, but when you get in the situation, it's like a car wreck in progress. There are so many variables you just have to flow with it and hope things turn out. I'd tend to back into a corner so no more than two could engage me, and just ventilate them one at a time until they run out of stupid. Carrying 12+1 +14 +14 of .45HP, I can fix a lot of stupid.

This statement alone should qualify for instantaneous induction into the INGO hall of fame!!!:rockwoot:

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

This statement alone should qualify for instantaneous induction into the INGO hall of fame!!!:rockwoot:
    I'm not so sure of that. It appears from the math, that he's carrying fewer rounds in his gun than he is in his reload mags. If you have a mag capable of 14 rounds, why isn't it 14+1 + 14 + 14?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Love that last quote.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm not so sure of that. It appears from the math, that he's carrying fewer rounds in his gun than he is in his reload mags. If you have a mag capable of 14 rounds, why isn't it 14+1 + 14 + 14?

My guess is concealablilty with a smaller primary mag and using a higher capacity mag from a larger version of the same handgun for reloads. I put a 7 round mag in my Kimber since it sits flush but my spares are all 8 rounds.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I carry a 10 or 12 rounder in my G26 but my reload is always a 17 rounder....easier to conceal a small mag in the gun, but with the mag standing vertical, its just as easy to conceal a 17 as it would be to hide a 10.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It's a P12, and it's little that way. A P14 mag works fine, it just sticks out too far. If I'm already 13 rounds into something, concealability isn't so much of an issue anymore.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    flash mobs should be met with flashbangs. Does anyone know if crossbreed sells an IWB flashbang holder?

please. don't wear it in the front (12 o'clock). i'd die of laughter if it went off. :D but seriously, a marine i served with was fiddling with the pin on one in a pouch on his flak jacket. he snapped the pin or something and the spoon came free when he was climbing down from post. needless to say all of us who were on post that night got a little excited when it blew and then laughed ourselves silly when he got on the radio to let us know what happened.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    please. don't wear it in the front (12 o'clock). i'd die of laughter if it went off. :D but seriously, a marine i served with was fiddling with the pin on one in a pouch on his flak jacket. he snapped the pin or something and the spoon came free when he was climbing down from post. needless to say all of us who were on post that night got a little excited when it blew and then laughed ourselves silly when he got on the radio to let us know what happened.

Yes but I might win $10,000.00 on Americas Funniest home videos if I can get a recording of going off in my pants. It seems that getting hit in the nuts with ANYTHING wins on that show.:D

Glad your buddy is alright.:yesway: It's always good when your able to laugh after something like that.

Top Bottom