• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I am not sure this goes here, but I am not sure where it should go.

Have you been hearing about the flash mob thefts going around for the last year? The first I heard of them was this morning, but I guess they have been going on for a while now.

Media Report on Flash Mob Theft Spree Has “Racial Undertones” | The Gateway Pundit

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ais3YxKy-Tg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6GklA05J5I[/ame]

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Well, just thinking about it is scary. I don't like the thought of my wife gassing up her car and getting a slushie at the convenience store and getting caught in the middle of something like that.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    not that it makes it right or anything, but from what the video showed, atleast they werent trying to kill the clerk or threatening him to open the register. they didnt seem bothered by him on the phone calling 911 as they left.

more shocking that the place wasnt really torn up all that much.

kind of glad the clerk missed hitting any of them, if their buddys would of come back i dont think he would be so lucky.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    These events are happening for a few reasons:

-A % of the population that has been told they are "owed" something in life. They don't have the money to pay for stuff, and the culture of this % of people are pretty much OK with theft, directly or indirectly (ie: Boyfriend steals, gives to kids mom; son steals, buys mom a TV, etc.).

-There is no punishment for simple thefts. The entire system is broken on many fronts. Governments have decided to throw money at other things: Taj Mahal K-12 school spending, subsidizing pro-sports to the tune of billions of dollars, getting involved in things that should be 100% private sector (malls, convention centers, etc.).

I have noticed one trend starting a few years ago: Pack attacks. We are now seeing more and more incidents where there are four or more suspects. These pack attacks can vary from just "fun" to actually wanting to rob the targets. The size of some of these packs are even getting larger in some respects. After pack attacks are these brazen shop-lifting sprees. We actually had a similar one here in Indy not that long ago. Well, I think it was actually in Lawrence. A group of teens, I want to say four to six, went to Walmart, loaded a cart up with stuff, and just ran, full speed to the front doors. They loaded the loot into a mini-van and took off. Cops caught them a short time later.

The racial aspect is there, only because the handful of incidents I have seen about all have one thing in common: Black kids/teens are the suspects. Also, there seems to be reports that most of these individuals are from lower middle class/welfare benefit homes. If that is true, and these incidents start becoming more and more common, watch for a lot of retailers to just shutter the doors and windows. Of course then we will hear about how racist it is to close down stores in or near certain areas. Like we should expect businesses to have to shoulder these loses one or two time a month?

I guess we shall see if this new crime continues or not.

Top Bottom