• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    i just got 2 new flashlights at sams. they are made by rocky they come 2 in a pack one is longer than the other. they are led with 2 drightness and a strobe function.comes with batteries. the pack is $25 and they are in the camping/outdoors area at ths sams in greenwood just south of county line.

fyi :yesway:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    i just got 2 new flashlights at sams. they are made by rocky they come 2 in a pack one is longer than the other. they are led with 2 drightness and a strobe function.comes with batteries. the pack is $25 and they are in the camping/outdoors area at ths sams in greenwood just south of county line.

fyi :yesway:

Tell us how they work in about 2 months.

I bought some of the "Element" lights that Sam's had a couple of years ago (yes, the same one's that the guys at the 1500 unpackaged and resold as having "American made" components, for a higher price).

The Element lights are bright, for sure, and work well for a time, but not something to bet your life on. They blink out and have to be slapped around to fire up again...good for utility, but not much more.

Hopefully Sam's has found a model to sell that doesn't have the same pitfalls...look forward to reading a review after some use.

:popcorn:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    For light duty they are ok.

The metal electrical thingy on the aaa battery holder will break. It is two small pressed spot welded contacts. No way to fix them. Then you have a light that does not work...I tried and failed, now it is spare parts about two feet away from me. I got the newer version for a gift and the same metal thingy is on this one. I'm just waiting for it to break when I drop it.

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    thanks for all the input.

now i will not be doing any reviews becouse there $25 for 2 with the strobe feature. i dont plan on alot of abuse and i do have more lights than just these. so if a $25 2 pack of led lights with strobe,from a reputable company sounds like a deal to you then there you go :yesway: if you think there junk, groovy. i.d.g.a.f :dunno:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    thanks for all the input.

now i will not be doing any reviews becouse there $25 for 2 with the strobe feature. i dont plan on alot of abuse and i do have more lights than just these. so if a $25 2 pack of led lights with strobe,from a reputable company sounds like a deal to you then there you go :yesway: if you think there junk, groovy. i.d.g.a.f :dunno:

I have no idea if they're junk...that's why I need you to do a review.

Don't slack on us.

Indiana_Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    I don't know if it's still going on, but a couple of weeks ago Tractor Supply had 10 small L.E.D. flashlights on sale for $10. There are obviously better lights, e.g. Mag, but if you want to equip a whole family and all of your cars with a flashlight, these are darn good at $1 apiece.

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Tell us how they work in about 2 months.

I bought some of the "Element" lights that Sam's had a couple of years ago (yes, the same one's that the guys at the 1500 unpackaged and resold as having "American made" components, for a higher price).

The Element lights are bright, for sure, and work well for a time, but not something to bet your life on. They blink out and have to be slapped around to fire up again...good for utility, but not much more.

Hopefully Sam's has found a model to sell that doesn't have the same pitfalls...look forward to reading a review after some use.

:popcorn:

i bought some of those too, 2 for 14$ i have had it for over a year now and it is still very bright and made of nice (oxymoron alert) heavy aluminum so for 7 dollars i am very pleased, kind of mad i didn't get the LED maglites when they were in a 2 pack on sale for 20$ then to learn they went down to 10$ for a 2 pack :xmad: ATOMIC RAGEEEEE :xmad: however with anyone else, my led 3 AA light melted on the inside, totally corroded, has this happened to anyone else? :dunno:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    For light duty they are ok.

The metal electrical thingy on the aaa battery holder will break. It is two small pressed spot welded contacts. No way to fix them. Then you have a light that does not work...I tried and failed, now it is spare parts about two feet away from me. I got the newer version for a gift and the same metal thingy is on this one. I'm just waiting for it to break when I drop it.

I stuck it back in, used a penny to complete the contact and it went on working fine. I've also had to KrazyGlue the plastic holder back together at one point.

Top Bottom