• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I am interested in something to light up a target for my Judge.
    Curious as to opinions on which one flashlight or laser would be better. I am also interested on recommendations of companies to go with. Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    To light up your target, a flashlight is the way to go, a laser just helps you hit your target.

DO you have the optional rail for your Judge? If so something like a Surefire x300 ultra would be a top of the line light.
    http://www.the-led-warehouse.com/Surefire-X300-Ultra-Weapon-Light-p1743.html

This would be the last light you ever have to buy. It is easy to take on/off your gun, and at 500 lumens.... it will be in style for a long time.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    To light up your target, a flashlight is the way to go, a laser just helps you hit your target.

DO you have the optional rail for your Judge? If so something like a Surefire x300 ultra would be a top of the line light.
    http://www.the-led-warehouse.com/Surefire-X300-Ultra-Weapon-Light-p1743.html

This would be the last light you ever have to buy. It is easy to take on/off your gun, and at 500 lumens.... it will be in style for a long time.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Handheld light
    Weapon mounted light
    Laser

In this order.

I recently traded off my nightstand gun that had both a TLR-1 light and crimson trace laser. The secondary nightstand gun has a TRL-3 and no laser. I like the Crimson Trace grips but they augment the sights and are not a replacement. I do see the utility for small revolvers and am very happy with the laser on my J frame.

StreamLight makes a combination light and laser.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Thanks much folks. I do not have the rail, anyone know where to get one. When I look on-line it seems they aren't made anymore.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thanks much folks. I do not have the rail, anyone know where to get one. When I look on-line it seems they aren't made anymore.

I can't help you there. If I were you I would invest in a good handheld light. It can be used for all sorts of things not related to the gun, like a power outage or looking under the bed. Then learn to shoot with the handheld light. Also invest in ambient lighting around the house. I turn on some exterior lights at night and have some small LED night lights. House is dark but still enough light to ID something. All of my serious pistols have night sights except for the little J frame. J frame has the Crimson Trace (basically instead of night sights) So after handheld and additional lighting you might consider the laser grips. I really like the laser grips for snubby revolvers which generally have poor sights anyway.

Top Bottom