• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Here you go, Nightcore R25 the charging mount looks relatively secure and it produces a boatload of lumens to boot. Should not be a issue mounting the charger into your jeep and it even comes with a car adapter as well. I am a SureFire fan myself but Nightcore makes some good products from what I have seen.

Nitecore R25 Tactical Rechargeable Flashlight

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd like a wall mount style charger that I can securely mount to the floor. That way, if I roll my jeep, it is less likely to be a missile.

To TRULY prevent it from becoming a projectile, it will need to be INSIDE something substantial (glove box, etc) or something substantial will need to secure it. Im sure the standard "grab and pull" charger mounts will not be good enough in a crash to maintain the position of the light.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    To TRULY prevent it from becoming a projectile, it will need to be INSIDE something substantial (glove box, etc) or something substantial will need to secure it. Im sure the standard "grab and pull" charger mounts will not be good enough in a crash to maintain the position of the light.

You can probably secure the light into the regular mount using velcro straps. :dunno:

ndredsox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Avon
    I have my old duty Stinger XT mounted in my Wrangler. Under the seat, with the wires ran to the cig lighter in the middle console. The led conversion really made it bright, and it's small.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You can probably secure the light into the regular mount using velcro straps. :dunno:

If Mr Rookie is coming to the INGO shoot 9/11 I'll bring some heavy duty double sided velcro. Ive got ROLLS of it with plenty to spare. Just specify white or black.

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've had one of these for a couple of years. Great light and the light sits down in the charger so it's very secure. Not a well known brand but Bratemans in Fort Wayne recommended it so I gave it a try. Love the light. Lifetime warranty too.

TAC-560XL

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have two of them, but they don't hold a charge and they're not that bright anymore.

If you are referring to the Streamlight Stinger I have one also that I use at work. It is hands down the toughest flashlight I've ever owned. Its been through gas, oil, falls off a ladder onto concrete, water and still keeps on shining bright. The ONLY down side of it is the battery. It uses a NiCad rechargeable battery which discharges rather quickly in use and also discharges while not in use and over time will develop "charge memory" meaning if it stays at a certain state of charge for so long , like half or quarter charge, after a while it will only charge to that state and will never take a full charge again.

The Streamlight Strion however is a slightly smaller light, but is just as if not a little brighter, and uses the same type of clamp charger but uses a Li-ion battery which holds charge almost indefinitely while not in use and will not develop charge memory.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    NEBO makes inexpensive, bright flashlights that use commonly available batteries.
    https://www.nebotools.com/
    Get them direct or on Amazon. I have several. For something to keep on your keychain, the Streamlight Nano can't beat. The Keymate, larger of the two, is also a great light and I find them most useful.
    Streamlights.jpg

Top Bottom